100 push up challenge (start 5/30)

Options

Replies

• chicagofats
    chicagofats Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Did my first day. Just barely did it. I have a feeling I'll be repeating the second day workout a couple times...
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    congrats to all of you!! i started 5 weeks ago & i'm on week 5, column 2, day 1... you will be AMAZED @ how strong you get!! i started out @ 10 good form (unmodified/unassisted/regular, lol) push ups & i'm up tp 36 consecutive push ups!! you all can do it :happy:
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm gonna try this! Gonna go with girlie push-ups but I figure moving is moving. Day 1 tomorrow!
  • Jwls23
    Jwls23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Haha I actually just started this program this week. I have started both the 100 push-ups and 200 sit ups! Did 73 sit ups tonight!
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    Today I did a total of 24 push-ups, with a maximum set of 6. My husband corrected my form. Turns out I was only doing "half push-ups." Full push-ups are hard! :) But now that my form is corrected, I'm excited to stay with the program and finish strong.
  • tammykoon
    Options
    Wk1 D1 total = 28! (Level 2) ("girl" push-ups)

The really fun part, my 12 year old son has decided to join me!
  • Texaganian
    Texaganian Posts: 67
    Options
    Here we go... 5/5/6/4/4 today for a total of 24.

I'm using a pushup app on my android phone. The workout progressions are a little different than on the 100 pushup site but the goal is the same.

Stupid question time... starting flat on the ground, do you count that first half pushup as #1? I used not to but recently decided that I do complete that half pushup at the end, so I've started counting it. 'Specially since its the hardest one!
  • Wakey27
    Wakey27 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm in! Rubbish at push ups so will be good to see how I progress.
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Had to switch to modified. Did max 11 for level 3 today (not quite up to par). Really feel the burn in pecs, lats and triceps (from Monday still!)
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Just finished W1D2L2 with a max of 7 in the finial set. Total of 33.
  • michz
    michz Posts: 102
    Options
    I just complete w1d3 maxed at 11 for a total of 44 today! Kind of thinking of doing w1d3 one more time before starting w2.
  • michz
    michz Posts: 102
    Options
    I did Week 4, Day 3 - AGAIN - for the third time. But I did it!

I did a max of 20 and a total of 80 pushups. I've come a long way since I started - 2 pushups.

Exactly the kind of thing I wanted to read to keep me going! Thank you! You are getting sooo close!
  • h2onut
    h2onut Posts: 164
    Options
    Finally just did W1,D1, Level 2 - completed 6 on my final round and... did W1, D1, Level 2 of the 200 situp one too - finished with 200 situps:D On my way!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    W1D2L3 completed last night.
    Max = 12; Total 50

I didn't complete these until after all other exercising was done. Bad decision...I & my shoulders were already exhausted before starting the push ups. Lesson learned. Next time these will come first!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    D2W1L1 - total of 17 push ups, max 6. I am a weakling when it comes to these!! I hope to get stronger. Planning on doing day 2 again tomorrow and trying to beat my max and on saturday do day 3.
  • Mrkroehl8488
    Options
    I feel better after readding these. I think I need to repeat W1D2 tomorrow, instead of doing day 3. I am pretty weak, and I want to complete this!
  • tammykoon
    Options
    W1D2 max 10 total 36 (girl) Slow but sure.
  • chicagofats
    chicagofats Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yep, going to have to repeat W1D2...
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Girl push ups I actually hate because they mess with my knee but I can do 100 consecutive without a break already.

Boy push ups - I can do around 20 without a break. Would love to get to that one-armed looking awesome thing!!! I'm in... :glasses:
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    W1D3L3 completed last night.
    Max = 13; Total 57