I'm new here!!! I don't want to be obese!!!

Options
mznelly718
mznelly718 Posts: 10 Member
I'm a re re re starter!!! I decided to weight myself in Rite Aide, boy was that a disaster! I cried all the way home! I need real support because I don't want to have to start over! I want to keep going no matter what! I live a healthy life! so please support me! add me as a friend

48lbs to go

Replies

• kristinhull1
    kristinhull1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend...I have 46lbs to lose.
  • TriciaSmith2015
    TriciaSmith2015 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've got 20 to 30 pounds to go. I'm focusing on 1 pound at a time.
  • khenrickson65
    khenrickson65 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Be positive and set your goals. I always encourage people to write down short term goals (i.e walk so much a week, run, workout routine etc.) Then write down longer term goals (i.e lose 5-7lbs this month) So write your goals for the month and post that on your fridge. Its a daily reminder. Near the end of the month, make another for the next month and so on. It also promotes a positive attitude when the end of the month comes, when you have met or even exceeded your goals. Make the goals realistic and reasonable. Do not set yourself up for failure. 2lbs a week is a healthy weight to shed. Be fair to yourself and dont expect 8lbs the first month. (even though you prob will) Make it 5-7lbs. One last thing I tell people just starting thats a HUGE help. Cut the sugar products out first. Dont cold turkey yourself from your eating habit now to meat/veggies etc. Alot times people fail at the cold turkey, fall back into old routine and then get down on themselves feeling like theyre a failure. So cut sugar products first. Dont even have to be 100% right away. Sugar is addicting and some people need to ween themselves off of it. Good luck with your goals and i hope to see positive results with a positive attitude ;) Message me if you would like anytime for tips. Ill help when i can. I dont always have much time but will try my best.
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Add me if you want
  • RhodeWarrior401
    RhodeWarrior401 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    its a lot harder, and a lot easier than you think. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Its easy when you go about it the right way. Most people seem to do these things wrong:

cut calories severely
    try to lose weight by doing lots of exercise instead of correcting their diet
    won't get in the kitchen and cook
    don't get organised in the kitchen
    cheat
    snack instead of eating regular satisfying meals
    eat the same things over and over again.
    think healthy food has to be boring.
    won't eat vegetables
    won't eat fruit
    continue to eat processed food
    don't resolve stress, and emotional issues with a councillor or other effective measures.
    continue to eat their binge foods frequently
    don't have any good strategies
    think they can have it all and lose weight.
    try to cut out almost all fat
    get caught up in notions of superfoods and other hype around food
    don't do any research into nutrition
    have no inkling of the important of good nutrition in health and weight management.
    don't learn from past mistakes. Keep trying to lose weight the same way they did in the past without understanding why they failed before and not addressing it.

if try to do the opposite of these things you will probably succeed and find it easy. I found it easy. I always find it easy. The difference between thsi and previous attempts is that i addressed the things that caused me to regain and they are no longer an imortant part of my maintence.
  • tanyaricks377
    tanyaricks377 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I understand exactly how you feel! I have about 45lbs to lose also. It's hard but I'm taking it one day at a time. I started working out again and trying to learn better eating habits. Add me as a friend if you like too. Thank you for sharing!
  • jocelyn6600
    jocelyn6600 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been there. I've been through 3 personal trainers, joined Zumba, dance to fitness, had numerous gym memberships. i put a hurt'n on my wallet for years. It wasn't until this spring where i really sprung into action. I just got frustrated/disgusted with myself @215lbs. Lost 36lbs with no money down
  • mmutluaydin
    mmutluaydin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It is all about how easy you accept change and how hard you can hold on them. All the information is out there showing you what to do. You just gotta believe that they all really work. Do not give up and set small goals. Good luck
  • emichah1
    emichah1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm coming back. 50lb to lose. Failure is not an option. One day at a time. One meal at a time. One step at a time. We can do this!
  • juliebowling1
    juliebowling1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've got 50 lbs to lose and could use a buddy. Feel free to friend me for support and encouragement.
  • 50andfabu
    50andfabu Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Lots of info and support here. It is really important to log all of your food. I am learning a lot that way. Log daily and read the forums. It helps. And good luck to you. I wish you success.
  • mznelly718
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the kind words! This situation is stressful. I'm gonna do this with no looking back!! I'll be adding you guys!!
  • tamtigerlily
    tamtigerlily Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again to with 70 pounds to lose. Please add me as well. I think it is so much easier when you have support and those working towards the same goals.
  • pointkoala
    pointkoala Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I had 60 lbs to lose in total. Almost two months in an down 10 lbs. Supposed to be 2 lbs a week and my calorie deficit is enough for that but the weight isn't coming off as it should be. Well, at least it is coming off. Slowly but surely. :) We can do this!!!!
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Good luck and you can do it! I have more to lose than I have ever have due to over eating and laying in bed all the time bc of my depression.. Im finally starting to feel better mentally and now I want to lose all the weight I gained.. I miss feeling good about myself.. Anyone feel free to add me, I love motivation and would love to help others!
  • mznelly718
    Options
    Good luck and you can do it! I have more to lose than I have ever have due to over eating and laying in bed all the time bc of my depression.. Im finally starting to feel better mentally and now I want to lose all the weight I gained.. I miss feeling good about myself.. Anyone feel free to add me, I love motivation and would love to help others!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This is why I've gained alot!!! I'm an emotional eater!!!!
  • kalislim
    kalislim Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    All about motivation and keeping positive even when we don't feel it. Feel free to add me, we can support each other.