high thread

Options
yopeeps025
yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
So some of you might know that I had a surgery done. I was prescribed some very heavy duty painkillers. I have been taking some and been all over the place. These things are wow. This is going to just be a random thread to all the folks who are on medical leave feeling funny with what they were prescribed. Carry on.

One thing I have notice is if I am watching a comedy I cannot laugh unless I am in highland. The only con I have I guess but not really is I fall asleep throughout the whole day and cannot really sleep at night. It's because five hours later into one sleep session I wake up in pain and time to pop some more pain meds.

Does anyone else feel good or bad side effects with these powerful drugs?

Replies

• fitcurves6693
    fitcurves6693 Posts: 3,401 Member
    Options
    1380995741_tumblr_lvv6ysWwOg1qc4ndx.gif
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Oh man when I was on morphine after jaw surgery I forgot I had to write a 10 page paper. So I wrote a 10 page paper high on morphine.

Got an A+ on that sicker.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Jasmunr wrote: »
    Oh man when I was on morphine after jaw surgery I forgot I had to write a 10 page paper. So I wrote a 10 page paper high on morphine.

Wow. I know for me that would be follow by doctors note to the teacher.

• tylahquartez323
    tylahquartez323 Posts: 1,478 Member
    Options
    Lucky
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Lucky

not when you cannot sleep more than 5 hours and wake up in excruciating pain.
  • lushers80
    lushers80 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I spent a number of months on a jellybean mix of paracetamol(4g a day), codeine(no idea how much), Tramadol hydrochloride(300mg a day) and naproxen (no idea how much)

glazed eyes, drooled now and again, heat sweats, and bowel problems, got to be honest though there was a party going on in my head and it was a nightmare coming off them in the end
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    lushers80 wrote: »
    I spent a number of months on a jellybean mix of paracetamol(4g a day), codeine(no idea how much), Tramadol hydrochloride(300mg a day) and naproxen (no idea how much)

glazed eyes, drooled now and again, heat sweats, and bowel problems, got to be honest though there was a party going on in my head and it was a nightmare coming off them in the end

jeez. Some drugs and their side effects.

• fitcurves6693
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Jasmunr wrote: »

Wow. I know for me that would be follow by doctors note to the teacher.

I went through that a few years ago-ouch! Mine was followed by a 6 week pic line with antibiotics, now I'm like...

tumblr_mz208k4x1k1s0oxwto1_500.gif
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I took an ibuprofen once...
  • fitcurves6693
    Options
    That must have been hard for you

giphy-4.gif
  • HugoMartinez66
    HugoMartinez66 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Couldn't stop drooling on myself while on Vicodin, I had also just had oral surgery.