Fab and fit for my big 40

Options
2»

Replies

• gingerbacky
    gingerbacky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im 40 in 2 weeks and been trying to loose weight and get fit before i hit i dont want to be 40 :-(
  • LJT253
    LJT253 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Im 40 in 2 weeks and been trying to loose weight and get fit before i hit i dont want to be 40 :-(

• samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You can do this guys. It's nearly 5 years since I had the same thought. I was 14 stone, 5 ft tall, on meds for high BP and cholesterol and generally feeling rubbish physically and emotionally. I decided to try and lose a bit of weight. I hadn't really acknowledged how much weight I'd gained ( I'd always been overweight) til hubby and were talking about 40 related things I could do and we jokingly said lose 40lbs. I immediately said if I lost that I'd be a stick, them if realized I would still be overweight, nearly obese! I lost that 40lbs, and since another 30. The woman who couldn't run 50 yards when late for schol pick up is doing a 10 k in a few weeks and aiming for 60mins.

Good luck to you all.
  • LJT253
    Options
    Will done Hunni x
  • LJT253
    Options
    Come on me fit 40s
  • Dex37
    Dex37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I still have a few years and hope to be fit in my 40s as well.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Turning 39 on Tuesday. My intention was to have a fancy dress party for my "not quite 40 yet" party and dress up as Conan. Not happening, but I am almost 6 months into my get fit and fab again journey and am sloooooowwwly getting there. So I think the party will have to happen maybe at 39.5!

Happy to make more friends in the same age group! Seems like everyone on here is either younger or older!

• scary_mary73
    scary_mary73 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I missed it for my 40th! I am trying to loose a few lbs before my friends 40th though...does that count?! :)

I love being in my 40's and I am determined to be fitter and healthier than I was in my 30's!!
  • LJT253
    Options
    Good luck hunni
  • martmart42
    martmart42 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Approaching 45 and since I missed the mark for the 40th the new goal is to drop some lb's by the bday! :)
  • Raevynne
    Raevynne Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Please add me - I hit 40 this past January. It was (& still is) my goal to be in the best shape of my life. :smiley:
  • tab615
    tab615 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 on Feb. 13th. Wow... 7 months and counting! I'd love to lose at least 40 lbs by then. Looking for some friends to help motivate me. Maybe do a Fitbit challenge or two. Anyone interested?
  • LJT253
    Options
    Let's show the youngens how it's done lol
  • nikisix
    nikisix Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll be 38 this year and also looking to be in the best shape by 40. It's a journey not to be taken lightly. I have about 40 lbs to lose. Gonna take charge and be the boss!!!
  • LJT253
    Options
    Good luck hunni
  • Leo19_er
    Leo19_er Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just back on MFP and am looking for motivated friends feel free to add :)
  • writemusic4him
    writemusic4him Posts: 312 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi all. I've been trying to get a Fab by 40 group off the ground and am trying again now the summer is winding down. Feel free to join here.
  • LJT253
    Options
    Hi all. I've been trying to get a Fab by 40 group off the ground and am trying again now the summer is winding down. Feel free to join here.