What are some Inner thigh workouts/squats...ready set GO!

Options
thanks for the help!!!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    What are you hoping to accomplish with inner thigh exercises?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    What are you hoping to accomplish with inner thigh exercises?

+1 on this...

Squats. Deadlifts. Lunges.
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Like, focusing more on those cos we are usually..quad dominant or? Cos if it's "spot reduce" that won't happen.

Now, besides the above..try them all with a sumo position,at least for me it makes a difference :3
    Can't do lunges for my left knee,I do wide stance squats,not sumo but def not with my feet pointing straight.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Try a Brett Contreras program. You'll have no concerns with your inner thighs once you complete 12 weeks of StrongCurves. http://bretcontreras.com/wp-content/uploads/Strong-Curves-Workout-Templates.pdf
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Thighmaster
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    aledba wrote: »
    Try a Brett Contreras program. You'll have no concerns with your inner thighs once you complete 12 weeks of StrongCurves.
    http://bretcontreras.com/wp-content/uploads/Strong-Curves-Workout-Templates.pdf

Unless her concern with her thighs is extra fat, which won't go away without a calorie deficit. :+1:

• MsMoving0n
    MsMoving0n Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...its just when I squat I don't ever feel it working my inner thighs.. Even the next day I'm not "sore" ..I know I can't spot reduce.. But I want to make sure I'm hitting all my muscles..
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    As well as sumo squats try the leg press with a wide stance toes turned out, I call it frog presses :p silly name but it'll hit your inner thigh.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    aledba wrote: »
    Try a Brett Contreras program. You'll have no concerns with your inner thighs once you complete 12 weeks of StrongCurves.
    http://bretcontreras.com/wp-content/uploads/Strong-Curves-Workout-Templates.pdf

Unless her concern with her thighs is extra fat, which won't go away without a calorie deficit. :+1:

Fair. I guess I assume that people are eating at a deficit.
  • bkate24
    bkate24 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    From my physical therapist, I do a bridge (not a yoga bridge) where I grip a pillow between my knees and hold for 10 seconds as I do the bridge. If you grip hard, you definitely feel it working the inner thigh muscles, plus the bridge works a lot of other stuff too. You can reverse it and do outer thigh by tying a band around your knees and pressing outwards as you bridge; that one is also from my PT.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    MsMoving0n wrote: »
    Thanks everyone...its just when I squat I don't ever feel it working my inner thighs.. Even the next day I'm not "sore" ..I know I can't spot reduce.. But I want to make sure I'm hitting all my muscles..

Soreness isn't a good way to judge workouts. More on that here
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10213281/does-post-workout-soreness-mean-you-had-a-killer-workout/p1
    Avoid designing your own program. Best thing to do is follow a good, pro-designed strength program, like NROL, Stronglifts, or a personal trainer's plan. If you don't have much equipment, try the Nerd Fitness program.
  • _bellator_
    _bellator_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Walking barbell lunge, reverse barbell lunge, Barbell step-ups, Single-leg leg press. Add some of that to your squats, presses, and deads, your inner thighs will get plenty of work.
    Most women's issue with their thighs is excess fat. You can fix that with your diet.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You could try something like this:
    chair_floor.jpg

I do similar for warmup and working on my weak right adductor.