I have a question girls.

Options

Replies

• Finniemarie9710
    Finniemarie9710 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm talking about the black stretch waist training coreset to help with working out... I'm not meaning an actual coreset with metal... I didn't know what else to call it, my bad... I asked for advise not insults... Thanks to everyone who is actually trying to help me...
  • Finniemarie9710
    Options
    I'll take it back. Thanks guys.
  • CarolinaCricket
    CarolinaCricket Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    The thought of running in a corset makes me want to die.

+1
  • Finniemarie9710
    Options
    After my c- section I have just had a terrible time trying to lose my stomach...I was just trying something different... I never knew it had so many bad results, that's why I asked you all before using it...please stop dogging on me.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    You made up your mind anyway so why ask?

it is bad for your organs...very bad
    It doesn't help

And on top of it you look ...hummm rofl well silly
    sorry for that.

Put it on for an hour and dance sexy for your partner you burn calories you both have a heck of a time...he wont laugh or find you silly but will be all over you
    win win situation

after that lock it up in your closet till the next "moment"

enjoy lol+
  • _bellator_
    _bellator_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    OP, you made the right decision mid-thread to take it back and save your money. Having a C-section is very hard on a woman's mid-section, but a waist trainer won't help you. Stick with a good lifting program and solid nutrition plan, and your body will improve. You will never have the same body you had pre-baby, but that doesn't mean you can't have an awesomely strong, beautiful, fit body. It'll just be different, and that's ok ;) Best wishes!
  • Finniemarie9710
    Options
    _bellator_ wrote: »
    OP, you made the right decision mid-thread to take it back and save your money. Having a C-section is very hard on a woman's mid-section, but a waist trainer won't help you. Stick with a good lifting program and solid nutrition plan, and your body will improve. You will never have the same body you had pre-baby, but that doesn't mean you can't have an awesomely strong, beautiful, fit body. It'll just be different, and that's ok ;) Best wishes!

Thank you(:
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i don't wear a corsette type but, do wear one of the waist ones around my belly bulge area when riding stationary bike.
    it is suppose to help your back when you work out and 'supposably' help burn off belly fat/water from the heat it generates or whatever it is.. i have no clue if it actually works but, i got the wrong type of stationary type bike (upright instead of the recumbent one that would of been better for my belly area) to workout on, so i bought the wrap for under &20 on a whim to make myself feel like i am helping my belly fat area too!
    it does indeed hold in the heat in my belly area and i have lost an inch but, doubt the wrap is the real reason why.
  • whiteblossom14
    whiteblossom14 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    They do seem to be very popular with young girls as my daughter came home with one. It's in the bin now!
  • Finniemarie9710
    Options
    i don't wear a corsette type but, do wear one of the waist ones around my belly bulge area when riding stationary bike.
    it is suppose to help your back when you work out and 'supposably' help burn off belly fat/water from the heat it generates or whatever it is.. i have no clue if it actually works but, i got the wrong type of stationary type bike (upright instead of the recumbent one that would of been better for my belly area) to workout on, so i bought the wrap for under &20 on a whim to make myself feel like i am helping my belly fat area too!
    it does indeed hold in the heat in my belly area and i have lost an inch but, doubt the wrap is the real reason why.

What you just said was exactly what I had planned on doing with it. I ride my stationary bike everyday I just have trouble keeping my midsection straight. After I ride the bike I have terrible back pain because it's hard for me to keep my posture right. Thank you. The one I bought was only 14 dollars.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    No you need to develop your core to prevent back pain and a "waist trainer" does not help that

Put some heavy progressive resistance work in eg a compound lift programme like new rules of lifting for women,strong curves

And lose fat through a calorie defecit

I've had 2 sections and managed to get my waist and core back at the grand old age of 47 by losing weight and weight training (see av and pics)
  • melmelrooroo
    melmelrooroo Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Perhaps the biggest problem with wearing anything restrictive while exercising such as a waist trainer, is that you may end up relying on the waist trainer for support, instead of relying on your muscles for support, which would build strength and tone. And if you're trying to tone up in your midsection, you should definitely focus on losing weight in general (as spot reduction is b.s.) as well as strengthening your muscles. A waist trainer does not help with either of these and is therefore a waste of money.
  • Finniemarie9710
    Options
    Okay I understand that. Yeah I think the best thing would be to take it back or throw it away then.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Okay I understand that. Yeah I think the best thing would be to take it back or throw it away then.

if its unused definatly get your money back, invest the money in one of the books on beginners weightlifting programmes

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    After my c- section I have just had a terrible time trying to lose my stomach...I was just trying something different... I never knew it had so many bad results, that's why I asked you all before using it...please stop dogging on me.

We're not dogging on you. It's the idea of a corset being an exercise asset that is cracking us up. You didn't invent it so I'm not blaming you for asking. But we do wish to make it clear to anyone else that's thinking about it that it's a terrible idea.
  • Finniemarie9710
    Options

We're not dogging on you. It's the idea of a corset being an exercise asset that is cracking us up. You didn't invent it so I'm not blaming you for asking. But we do wish to make it clear to anyone else that's thinking about it that it's a terrible idea. [/quote]

I meant waist trainer not a corset.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I meant waist trainer not a corset.

EXACTLY
  • Finniemarie9710
    Options
    Okay then...
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options

What you just said was exactly what I had planned on doing with it. I ride my stationary bike everyday I just have trouble keeping my midsection straight. After I ride the bike I have terrible back pain because it's hard for me to keep my posture right. Thank you. The one I bought was only 14 dollars.

All that & your previous comment are understandable, it's just that you're cheating yourself of real improvement that way. You're not the first or last person to hope for an easier way : / (If I could avoid having to do physiotherapy, I would)