155 pounds lost: from 300 to 145

Options

Replies

• mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Such a great and inspiring story! Thanks for sharing. I turn to the success stories for my motivation and this one is now my all time favorite!
  • linzi02
    linzi02 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! Well done :) I did my first 5K race this weekend and I would love to see myself doing a half marathon one day. Let us know how you get on and good luck!
  • anna_banana28
    anna_banana28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are amazing!
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Well done, that's an amazing transformation, totally inspired by you x
  • idrinkalotofwater
    idrinkalotofwater Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • Datarn
    Datarn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You are inspiring me!! Congratulations and good luck September 20!!
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Speachless, you remind me of my self so much, that is so me!, the 300 lbs girl, OMG you look so amazing <3:#

You never gave up, that's the best lesson we can all learn from you.

Lol and tell steve to come to mfp forums to spread the knowledge, we all need a Steve in our life. :sweat_smile:

Thanks for your post.
  • CarolinaCricket
    CarolinaCricket Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!! Good luck with your half marathon!
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all that you have achieved. I wish you well in your half marathon!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Wow! You hardly look like the same person anymore! But you can tell it's you from your lovely smile :) congrats!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Wow!...... I can't think of anything else to say but WOW! You are amazing. I just started running (using the Couch to 5k app) and I hate it. Hate it, hate it. But I keep making myself do it and I keep in mind that I feel amazing when I'm finished. You give me inspiration to keep at it. Maybe someday I'll love it like you do and I'll look like you do. Congrats!!!!!
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing:)
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. You look beautiful and happy! Good luck with the half.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring, thank you for sharing! Wishing you "happily ever after"!
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Some stats, for the tl;dr crowd before you skip to the pictures... I started January 2013 at 300 pounds (possibly a little more as I had not weighed myself for a long time) and now at 145. I've lost 9 inches on my bust, 13 on my waist, and 17 on my hips. I went from size 24 (a TIGHT 24) to a 6-8. I have a 21 day streak due to phone issues, but prior to 3 weeks ago I was at 800. Womp womp.

So, the story! I have always been overweight, and my BMI has grown throughout the years to the super morbidly obese category. I wasn't that sad and tragic fat girl. I was fairly happy and had awesome friends and a great family. I was never bullied about my weight, and I got very few insults growing up. I had great friends who never mentioned my weight, or their weight, or how much I would eat, or how much I would eat. It's like something people danced around. I always ate too much, and the wrong thing, and genuinely had no concept of nutrition. The idea of calories in, calories out was so foreign to me. I never really tried to lose weight, but the few times I did, I thought it meant I should just not eat. Then I would (obviously) end up eating everything.

After college is when my weight really started to build. I wasn't super happy with myself, was eating way too much, and drinking too much as well. I didn't have a job that helped me to feel fulfilled, and didn't have the build in large group of friends I had had the rest of my life. I gained quite a bit of weight in a year in a half.

I would not be where I am today if it weren't for 2 things: getting a new job in a small town, and a guy named Steve. In the fall of 2012, I moved 4 hours from my hometown to take a new job that I was really excited about. I decided I was going to make a huge change since I had a chance to start over. I did a minimal amount of research, bought all healthy food, and had the best of intentions. I lasted about a week before I went back to buying pizzas and ice cream. My job was hard, the social life in the small town was practically non-existent, and I missed my friends and family. I ended up gaining more weight. I told myself I would eat and live the way I was living until January 1st, 2013. Yeah. I was a resolutioner.

On January 2nd, 2013, I joined myfitnesspal. I read the forums. I was inspired by success stories, and I actually UNDERSTOOD the calories in and calories out. I went shopping again. I bought foods that I liked, along with healthy foods. I weighed out portions. I taught myself how to cook. I indulged when appropriate. I put myself out there and made friends in my new town. My job got easier. Feeling better, eating better, having more self-confidence... it all lead to a better life, which lead to wanting to continue to do better.

Although the first year all I did was eat better, I added in exercise last summer. I was lucky enough to get a job back in my hometown, and moved back to be close to family and old friends. As a kid who was never able to run a quarter mile during the mile fitness test in PE, I never thought I could run. I decided I wanted to run a 5k, which seemed like such a lofty goal last July when I started training. I met a man named Steve who played in a community band I had just joined. I told him how much I was hating running, how boring it is, and how I didn't think I would keep up with it. As someone who had run many big races, he gave me some tips to make it more fun and how to train. I took the tips and started applying them. As a retired engineer, Steve left for the Winter and came back for the summer in May. By the time he came back in May, I had finally done my 5k (in December!) and was running pretty steadily, usually 3 or 4 miles. I told him I wanted to try a 10k, so I started training for that. Once I passed the 6 mile mark, it ended up going really quickly. Steve found a 10k for us, but by then I decided I wanted to try a half marathon. We started running together, and with his help I will absolutely be ready for our September 20th half marathon. This morning I ran 12 miles. 12 miles, you guys. I just want someone to tell my 9th grade gym teacher that I can run 12 miles at less than 10 miles per hour.

I'm not sure what the future will hold. Obviously, there's skin. The lose skin, especially the large amount on my belly, is frustrating and I'm coming to terms with the fact that it's probably not going to tighten up. Most of the skin of my arms has, so I'm still holding out hope. I haven't done as much weight training as I'd like. Once I finish the half, that will be more of my focus. I'm at about 145 now, although I flucuate between 142-147 pretty consistently. I'd like to lose another 10 pounds, but I'm not quite as focused on the number now so much as the measurements and how my clothes fit. I'm really proud of the things my body can do, and the things my mind have done as well!

And now, everyone's favorite... pictures!

Before:

w2ve5b6rr0y7.jpg
    Sometime in 2011
    4f9r1s08gim5.jpg
    Sometime in 2012
    6yj5mnfei7tb.jpg
    April 2012
    mai0f2xachbd.jpg
    December 2011

Now (I think all pics are from July):
    h9sf9giedklm.jpg
    bube1b91h704.jpg
    apnnmxddhrcf.jpg

Congrats if you made it through this huge essay! If you're new, if you're not, if you've lost, if you plan to lose, whatever.. feel free to add me. I think I have 20 friends. One day maybe I'll hit 25!

Freaking awesome.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You've done so well! Be very proud of yourself.
  • Nikeolie
    Nikeolie Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I'm going to be here one day in this success story forum, and this really keeps me motivated. It's amazing seeing people transform and succeed. You're quite the inspiration.
  • Melvicmurphy
    Melvicmurphy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic! What a transformation! Huge well done
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal, and you smiles in the recent pictures suggest that you feel better too! Congratulations, you are an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!