What am I doing wrong?

Options
2»

Replies

• Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options

Nuke_64: Can you elaborate? I have heard what raellehousek wrote about many times.

"Once your body gets used to what you're doing it starts to maintain."

As you lose weight, you do need less calories but the basic formula of calories in need to be less than calories out stays the same.

"You'll need to switch something up- change of food and/or push a little harder in your work out."

Except for what I mention above, this doesn't matter--CICO (Calories In vs Calories Out).

"Whole foods give you better nutrition than processed (not sure what your diary is like) rule of thumb is to stick to things with 5 ingredients or less."

If eating "whole" foods is your thing, great.* That has nothing to due with weight loss. Processes foods can have a lot of salt which may swing your water retention, but that will either stabilize or go away. The real goal is to lose fat, weight it a good indication of that, but water retention can mask what is really going on thus why the saying "weight loss isn't linear" is said here a lot.

(*I do like to make a lot of my food from scratch, but most of them have a lot more than 5 ingredients. My hummus has 9, my marinara sauce over a dozen)
  • maplegirlst
    maplegirlst Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just following up. But first, thank you everyone for your replies! It is so nice to have this community!

I am still holding steady around 192-194. I've definitely lost some momentum. I don't feel like I've been as serious about tracking my food and staying within my calorie/carb limits. I'm going to try to get back on track this week. Weekends are definitely harder than weekdays!

Well, that's about it. Have a great week everyone!

~Maple
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Here is another hint: You have chicken thigh at 2 for 113 calories. ONE is Chicken -about 218. This of course would vary, depending on weight and I used one I had this week as an example. Had I eaten two of them that would have been a 323 difference. WEIGH everything!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Just following up. But first, thank you everyone for your replies! It is so nice to have this community!

I am still holding steady around 192-194. I've definitely lost some momentum. I don't feel like I've been as serious about tracking my food and staying within my calorie/carb limits. I'm going to try to get back on track this week. Weekends are definitely harder than weekdays!

Well, that's about it. Have a great week everyone!

~Maple

I hear you on weekends. I have no idea how much I ate yesterday. tighten up the logging and you hopefully will see a change :)
    weigh everything!
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Once your body gets used to what you're doing it starts to maintain. You'll need to switch something up- change of food and/or push a little harder in your work out. Whole foods give you better nutrition than processed (not sure what your diary is like) rule of thumb is to stick to things with 5 ingredients or less.
    Once your intake is the same as your burn, you start to maintain.

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Once your body gets used to what you're doing it starts to maintain. You'll need to switch something up- change of food and/or push a little harder in your work out. Whole foods give you better nutrition than processed (not sure what your diary is like) rule of thumb is to stick to things with 5 ingredients or less.

No. If you're eating at a deficit, even if it was the same foods every day, you would still be lose. Your body doesn't magically start to maintain.

• wc1400
    wc1400 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When you wake up each morning, your body will tell you if you you're burning calories or not. I can feel the difference if I've cheated or followed my goals.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    wc1400 wrote: »
    When you wake up each morning, your body will tell you if you you're burning calories or not. I can feel the difference if I've cheated or followed my goals.

Can you elaborate?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

If you get to the point where your body is not burning calories, you will never know. It's scientifically proven.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If you get to the point where your body is not burning calories, you will never know. It's scientifically proven. [/quote]

Lol. Pretty much.

SMH.

Anyway, OP, either you're retaining water because your period is due soon (I stop losing 2 weeks before mine shows up), or you're just eating too much. Definitely tighten your logging.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    b6zfrkyervv5.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Can you elaborate?

Sounds more like a placebo effect.