Need to change

Options
RichardNovachek
RichardNovachek Posts: 3 Member
edited August 2015 in Introduce Yourself
A co-worker of mine has been using mfp since earlier this year and has helped him lose 60 lbs. He has inspired me to start my own journey. I need a change in my life and have wanted so badly to control my weight but have never counted calories. I'm hoping this app will help with that and reach my goals. If anyone has advice please share.

Replies

• DeeBerning
    DeeBerning Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This is not my first time on MFP.... Your friend is right. And I can tell you, without any reservation, that the support and friendship you will gain on this page can help you have a successful journey. The last time I was on here, I lost 45 pounds. Unfortunately, they found their way back home due to life and stress.

This time, well, I'm out to kill those extra pounds. If they are dead and buried, they cannot come back. I want to lose 85-90 pounds in total. But, I have it broken up into 3 mini-goals.

Developing a strong support group through MFP is amazing. I think you'll really like it and find it encouraging. I'll send you a friend request. We can be each other's cheerleader and support during this journey.

And, welcome to MFP!
  • wc1400
    wc1400 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place if you're finally serious about losing. My favorite quote from an old weight loss program on TV, "Now, what are you going to do with your new sexy body!"
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    read everything. then ignore most of what you read. get a digital scale! weigh everything. log everything. (do not ignore those three suggestions) get a HRM. accept you will trip up, go over your calories, not exercise a day here and there. forgive yourself and show up the next day. Know that calories are estimates, both in foods and what you burn. read read read and then find what works for you.