The dress countdown has begun! (Encouragement needed)

Options
I know its really stupid. i know I should have bought a dress that actually fits. I also know that generally I dont respond well to pressured goals with my weightloss.... But still: my auntie is having a 1950's themed wedding and I got excited while dress shopping. I was too proud to buy the right size and have been working towards this one for a couple of weeks. Today is the first time I've gotten pictures though. I have 33 days. It just might be possible!?
0165y324omxk.jpg
df4rizvwyw59.jpg
rtwjhn5o5pn9.jpg
(Please ignore my hair - I'd just got out of the shower)
What do you think?

Replies

• ghoti_fish
    ghoti_fish Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I should say I am lifting and doing cardio in the gym 4x a week and have been sporadically cycling or swimming too. Trying to eat around 1700 calories a day. And trying hard not to weigh as it drives me crazy!
  • PandaBWA
    PandaBWA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    33 days sounds perfect for ripped in 30 or 30 day shred to add to your current regimen! Haha. I don't know what is realistically possible or not but I'm totally rooting for you!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Shapewear should help.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing, and get some spanx. You can get the dress zipped, so a good undergarment will smooth you out, and you'll be good for the event.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Otterluv wrote: »
    Shapewear should help.
    Keep doing what you're doing, and get some spanx. You can get the dress zipped, so a good undergarment will smooth you out, and you'll be good for the event.

^this
  • ghoti_fish
    Options
    Thanks! I'll do a weekly test (maybe more frequently if I feel anxious) I don't know at what point I just have to order a bigger dress...
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It's a lovely dress and I hope it happens for you. If worse comes to worse and it's still a bit too snug, bear in mind that support and foundation garments are entirely appropriate for the era you're dressing for.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options

Yep. Cute dress! Love it! You'll look great!
  • ghoti_fish
    Options
    Thanks! I have a huge petticoat and some heroically high shoes to wear too.
    I do own a corset which my husband has volunteered to squeeze me into...
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty dress! The colour is lovely on your. Considering you can get the dress zipped I think it's definitely possible for you to look better in it within a month. Just keep doing what you're doing!
  • hybridtheory45
    hybridtheory45 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I second 30 Day Shred...I'm only 2/3 of the way through it right now, and I'm down 3 inches in my waist alone. Its free on YouTube.
  • signdrea
    signdrea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ghoti_fish wrote: »
    I know its really stupid. i know I should have bought a dress that actually fits. I also know that generally I dont respond well to pressured goals with my weightloss.... But still: my auntie is having a 1950's themed wedding and I got excited while dress shopping. I was too proud to buy the right size and have been working towards this one for a couple of weeks. Today is the first time I've gotten pictures though. I have 33 days. It just might be possible!?
    0165y324omxk.jpg
    df4rizvwyw59.jpg
    rtwjhn5o5pn9.jpg
    (Please ignore my hair - I'd just got out of the shower)
    What do you think?

• signdrea
    signdrea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this! I'm also trying to fit into a new dress for a wedding I'm going to end of September....I've been drinking a lot of water, gave up pop, and am having only a yogurt with protein for dinner. .with a vegetable and or fruit...also walking when visiting get home. ..having pretty good results... I love the color of your dress! !
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    ghoti_fish wrote: »
    Thanks! I'll do a weekly test (maybe more frequently if I feel anxious) I don't know at what point I just have to order a bigger dress...

First, a weekly test might be to much of a stress. Like a daily weigh in.
    Consider yourself a winner already. It zipped all the way up. It will fit you well in a month. If anything, I'd order some spanx to be safe on D-Day. But you won't likely need a bigger size.
    30 days shred should give you some amazing results around the waist. Go for it!
  • Gretchen_To_Be
    Gretchen_To_Be Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It's not stupid at all! I have some dresses that are too small and they are motivation to me to work out. 33 days is a long time! You can lose 15 lbs easy in that time. My deadline is mid-October, when I booked a makeover. It's a very pretty dress, BTW. What kind of heels will you wear with it?
  • ghoti_fish
    Options
    Thank you thank you! Didn't think I'd get so many responses! I have had a look at 30 day shred on you tube and found a level 1 and level 2 video; should there be lots of them?
    Will this help me in ways that heavy lifting and cardio won't?
    Husband took me out for lunch today so calories already looking dreadful - trying not to panic..
  • manymanymore
    manymanymore Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nice dress. Don't be too aggressive. 8 pounds less would help.
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If you can lose 10 lbs by then and you buy some spanx you should be great! Just drink lots and lots and lots of water and stay consistent with your logging. you can do it!
  • ghoti_fish
    edited August 2015
    Options
    shibumicd wrote: »
    It's not stupid at all! I have some dresses that are too small and they are motivation to me to work out. 33 days is a long time! You can lose 15 lbs easy in that time. My deadline is mid-October, when I booked a makeover. It's a very pretty dress, BTW. What kind of heels will you wear with it?

I have many shoes to choose from! Being overweight for a long time I am a strong believer in "you're never too fat for a new pair of heels!" These are (some of) my favourite selection for this dress:f9ykartyjv7g.jpg
    It also depends on what size my feet are, it varies a lot!

UK people: the dress is from an online company called Elsie's attic. I cannot recommend them highly enough!
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I think the dress looks pretty good and if you have to and don't have a problem with it, get some shape wear.

I will be looking for the pics in 33 days though. you really should be very proud of yourself. Love all the shoes :) I agree lots of shoes because clothes don't always look good.