Ate 3200 cals in Sunday oh MY!

Options
Anyone else have a Bingy weekend?
What's your game plan going forward?

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I had a bingy stuff it in my mouth Saturday.

So today I ate below goal. Wasn't even hard to do since I was still stuffed from my wild rampage yesterday.

I paid the price however for my bingy stuff it in my mouth day...I retained so much fluid from the high sodium level that my ankle looked like they belonged to Miss Piggy.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly, I did not. When I'm in maintenance I usually eat light during the week so I can eat at least 2500 on Saturday. If I got up to 3200 it wouldn't be that hard to fix up.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It happens. Forgive yourself (this is important!) and return to your regularly scheduled calorie deficit.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Actually for me it's been like the past week or more. I was under 3 days, but over on 4. It's been bad enough that the math equals a 0.3 lb gain. I blame my hormones and stress. However, I am pre-logging the up coming days and hoping that I will have the will power not to deviate from it. I'm going to try and eat at a slight deficit up until Sunday. Sunday I'm going to Six Flags with my husband for the day and I want to have plenty of available calories so that I at least maintain for the week (it will be even better if I end the week with enough of a deficit to cancel out this week).
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I do that a couple times a month at least. 3000+ calories isn't that hard. If it's an event I know about (a social event or restaurant I choose to enjoy) I try to save up as many calories ahead of time as I can. If I just get sloppy or binge-y, I keep track of how many calories over I am and make it up over the following week or so.

Right now I have about 8000 calories I am making up from spending the week at grandma & grandpas. I haven't seen a gain on the scale, but I don't trust that I can just overeat and not have it affect my weight.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Oooh did I ever. I was at a destination wedding. Between the alcohol, the food and then the food I ate when I was hungover... I think I was about 600 calories over maintenance for two days. I logged it as best I could.

I'm back on the horse though. I've back to my standard gym scheduled, stacks of water etc. My appetite is all whacked out and my stomach is still upset. I'm actually not hungry but I'm eating. I also put on 2lbs of water weight. *sigh* I'm upping my fibre, eating my usual foods etc. It'll come off again.
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Workout extra hard today!!!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I didn't even track this weekend, it was a fun weekend and I am back on track today. It will all be fine.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Overeating happens. As long as it happens rarely, 3,200 calories on one day isn't a big deal. A calorie deficit of 250 per day for the rest of the week would completely cancel it out.
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I had a 3500cal day late last week. It happens. My body demanded more food and I obliged. If you know that you have a good hold on your hunger signals, it's just business as usual...
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Options
    Overeating happens. As long as it happens rarely, 3,200 calories on one day isn't a big deal. A calorie deficit of 250 per day for the rest of the week would completely cancel it out.

• M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    When I was losing and had a tremendous drive and dedication for the first 6 or so months during which NOTHING could take me of course, I read posts like these and thought "pfft, they are weak, suck it up, stay the course"

But, I'm so glad I read these posts because now I know that going over your budget will happen, just a matter of time. Coping with going over budget on your own not necessarily easy and could easily push someone over the "*kitten* it!, I'm done" line and cause to fall off the wagon, as they say. Posts like these provide so much motivation and encouragement - it will happen, be ready, own it, log it, life goes on.

MFP app has a great weekly report of the last 7 days under Nutrition->Calories which shows "Net Average" - an average daily calories for the last 7 days and unless you binged for the entire last 7 days, that number is not affected much by one day of overeating. I use this report to "calm me down" and just a few days of small deficit or extra cardio workout gets it back into the range.

I wish I finally determine what causes me to be ravenous sometimes so I can plan accordingly. I think it might be my extra cardio from the past 2-5 days.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    it's not a big deal...move on. you don't put on a bunch of fat just because you overate a day...just like you don't lose a bunch of fat because you underate for one day.

weight management. regardless of what your weight management goals are, is about what is happening over time, not day to day minutia.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That's why I keep a deficit. Usually 400, often 200, but either way that's the way I make up for the days when I eat too much (which happens every week, frankly).
    MasterVal wrote: »
    When I was losing and had a tremendous drive and dedication for the first 6 or so months during which NOTHING could take me of course, I read posts like these and thought "pfft, they are weak, suck it up, stay the course"

But, I'm so glad I read these posts because now I know that going over your budget will happen, just a matter of time. Coping with going over budget on your own not necessarily easy and could easily push someone over the "*kitten* it!, I'm done" line and cause to fall off the wagon, as they say. Posts like these provide so much motivation and encouragement - it will happen, be ready, own it, log it, life goes on.

MFP app has a great weekly report of the last 7 days under Nutrition->Calories which shows "Net Average" - an average daily calories for the last 7 days and unless you binged for the entire last 7 days, that number is not affected much by one day of overeating. I use this report to "calm me down" and just a few days of small deficit or extra cardio workout gets it back into the range.

I wish I finally determine what causes me to be ravenous sometimes so I can plan accordingly. I think it might be my extra cardio from the past 2-5 days.

Yeah 100% this. I was so good the first 9 months, then I started having some 3000+ days. Still lost 80 pounds, still been maintaining the loss for a year. The difference is that I'm a woman so the last part of your post is easily explained LOL.
  • Andreatts9
    Andreatts9 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I always do double workouts on the weekends I plan to consume a lot so I'm rocking a hard deficit. I know it's no ideal but it's better than no workout :)
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    That's why I keep a deficit. Usually 400, often 200, but either way that's the way I make up for the days when I eat too much (which happens every week, frankly).
    MasterVal wrote: »

Yeah 100% this. I was so good the first 9 months, then I started having some 3000+ days. Still lost 80 pounds, still been maintaining the loss for a year. The difference is that I'm a woman so the last part of your post is easily explained LOL.

Agree with this also. I wish I could get myself back to being so dedicated and "on" all the time. It was a lot easier for me then. I think the excitement of seeing the scale move every week made it easier
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Options
    Andreatts9 wrote: »
    I always do double workouts on the weekends I plan to consume a lot so I'm rocking a hard deficit. I know it's no ideal but it's better than no workout :)

Good idea!!!
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Options
    I don't want to regain those 43 Pound's. I still want to lose 5 more lol
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    That would be a deficit day for me...lol
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    sometimes I have an extra hungry day. Happens. Log and move on.