Feeling Defeated

Options
Didn't get to workout due to my gps on my workout apps not picking up or picking up and losing signals. I dont know why i feel so defeated by technology and it probably seens irrelevant to some of you but this lifestyle change is important to me because its what i need right now and im just so upset that i let technology ruin my morning walk/run. Ugh

Replies

• netite
    netite Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I understand that technology is something we count on to help keep track of our goals, but what would have happened if you had just done your workout the old fashioned way then added it later in MFP? It is a bummer to have technology let you down, I have experienced that, too.

Next time it happens, pretend you are in the last century without gadgets and get to walk/run just because you wanted to feel good. :)
  • TriCardinal
    TriCardinal Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Super frustrating- I use my phone to reward myself with extra steps. Have you considered one of the bands or counters that aren't dependent on a signal?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Didn't get to workout due to my gps on my workout apps not picking up or picking up and losing signals. I dont know why i feel so defeated by technology and it probably seens irrelevant to some of you but this lifestyle change is important to me because its what i need right now and im just so upset that i let technology ruin my morning walk/run. Ugh

Next time, do your run/walk. Then go back and use a website to map out your route to see how far you went.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Next time, do your run/walk. Then go back and use a website to map out your route to see how far you went.

This just make an estimate. Adapt to the ups and downs. Also dont worry its just one day and just keep going.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Do your best to estimate and log it. If it's not accurate, one day isn't going to sabotage your and it doesn't make you a failure. Same for food. Don't let a technology glitch prevent you from doing some kind of workout.
  • apeydawn423
    apeydawn423 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You can still work out without a tracking device. Just go for it..
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I think we need to live in the land of possibility, and not let excuses slip in to sabotage our efforts. The important thing is that you did the workout. Recording it is the fun part, but you should be patting yourself on the back for doing the hard part. I forget to wear my Fitbit sometimes when I workout. It's frustrating, but very minor in the big scene of things.
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't care about the app. It cares about the workout. I know I like the precision of all the apps that are available, but in reality it only matters that you do the work. I know you know this. Maybe you need to wean yourself off the apps for a few days?
  • jsmith052210
    jsmith052210 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    Do your best to estimate and log it. If it's not accurate, one day isn't going to sabotage your and it doesn't make you a failure. Same for food. Don't let a technology glitch prevent you from doing some kind of workout.

Thanks I Wont Let It Happen Again.!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I would have just worked out anyway??

I know it stinks when your device isn't working or you forgot it, but that's no reason to skip a workout.
  • jsmith052210
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »

This just make an estimate. Adapt to the ups and downs. Also dont worry its just one day and just keep going.

Thank You.!
  • jsmith052210
    Options
    netite wrote: »
    I understand that technology is something we count on to help keep track of our goals, but what would have happened if you had just done your workout the old fashioned way then added it later in MFP? It is a bummer to have technology let you down, I have experienced that, too.

Next time it happens, pretend you are in the last century without gadgets and get to walk/run just because you wanted to feel good. :)

Lol Okay I Will Thanks.!
  • jsmith052210
    Options
    I would have just worked out anyway??

I know it stinks when your device isn't working or you forgot it, but that's no reason to skip a workout.

I Actually Did Do A Workout Just Didnt Get To Do My Walk Which Is The Second Half Of My Workout
  • jsmith052210
    Options

Okay Thanks.!
  • jsmith052210
    Options
    Super frustrating- I use my phone to reward myself with extra steps. Have you considered one of the bands or counters that aren't dependent on a signal?

I Been Looking At A Few And After To Im Positive Im Going To Go Ahead And Actually Get One
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a heart rate monitor to know exactly how many calories I am burning. I wear it every time I work out. So even if the GPS in my app goes awry (which affects how many calories burned based on the functionality of the app), at least I know exactly how many calories I burned & I just log it in.