Motivation Needed

Options
peanutbutter314
peanutbutter314 Posts: 8 Member
edited August 2015 in Getting Started
I have struggled with my weight going up and down for years I have done several crash diets, and variety of other things. I have reached my breaking point. I am working on lifestyle change however don't hurt to have like minded people to encourage not to give up, and maybe swap recipes. My current goal is to lose about 55-60lbs and maintain to keep it off. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• bparry58
    bparry58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm bexlivin. I'm also needing encouragement! I deal with alot of physical difficulties that keep me from being motivated. Good lunch on your lifestyle change!
  • tessguermassi
    tessguermassi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. Can you add me please for support. I need to get myself sorted! tessyboodles
  • DeLonJ27
    DeLonJ27 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is De'Lon. I have also done all kinds of weight loss fads, but I am now looking to take control and live a healthy lifestyle.
  • vettim16
    vettim16 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support and encouragement!
  • bigheadted74
    bigheadted74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

New here, first post.

This is going to sound a little dark, but my recent motivations to improve my life is one of my bosses. He's morbidly obese and just 10 years older than me. The troubling part for me was seeing reflections of my own poor health decisions in his behavior. He is a key motivator for me to improve my health and habits, because he is what I will be in 10 years if I don't change.

But the reason he's such a powerful motivator for me is that he's a total b-hole. I dislike almost everything about his character. My goal is to NOT BE LIKE HIM. In any way, shape or form. And living a healthy lifestyle is a key part of that. I also strive to not be so judgmental, but in this case, it's totally working for me. :)

I wish you all the best in all our efforts to be healthier! It ain't gonna be easy, but it's reeeally reassuring knowing that you're all in the same boat with me, even though I have no idea who you are.

Ted
  • looneymom
    looneymom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Add me I have totally changed my lifestyle and feel better already yes I still binge eat occasionally but I workout everyday and try to take charge the next day....motivated looser here.
  • ErinV1974
    ErinV1974 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ted - re: your boss... the kick in the butt I needed was when my 2 yo daughter mistook her (morbidly obese) caretaker at day care for me!! I don't want to be like that. Good luck!
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Motivation has to come from within. Yes, you can spout out reasons like 'i need to be healthy', but the truth is, if it's not a conclusion you've come to by taking a good honest look at yourself, it's not going to sustain you for long. Example: I knew I needed to lose weight. My doctor told me to lose weight, and I did try but kept getting burned out. Then I got my wedding pictures back and realized I was fat in them. That is what motivates me to keep going. Granted, I am getting a little healthier by doing this, but that's not my reason. It can be something that simple, but it has to be YOUR reason. If it's because you want to wear a smaller size, that's fine. I know one girl that wanted to have better sex. @bigheadted74 up there doesn't want to be like his boss. Everyone has their own reason, and that is what will help you keep going.

And you will have off days. Everyone goes over or makes mistakes from time to time. That doesn't make you a failure. Just makes you human. Hell, I have *kitten* it days where I just don't care and eat what I want. I log it and start over the next day.
  • revolutiontruth
    revolutiontruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to MFP and I've just decided to add some friends for support and ideas. I'm looking to lose about the same amount and do it without trying a fad diet. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • militarygirl92
    militarygirl92 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

New here, first post.

This is going to sound a little dark, but my recent motivations to improve my life is one of my bosses. He's morbidly obese and just 10 years older than me. The troubling part for me was seeing reflections of my own poor health decisions in his behavior. He is a key motivator for me to improve my health and habits, because he is what I will be in 10 years if I don't change.

But the reason he's such a powerful motivator for me is that he's a total b-hole. I dislike almost everything about his character. My goal is to NOT BE LIKE HIM. In any way, shape or form. And living a healthy lifestyle is a key part of that. I also strive to not be so judgmental, but in this case, it's totally working for me. :)

I wish you all the best in all our efforts to be healthier! It ain't gonna be easy, but it's reeeally reassuring knowing that you're all in the same boat with me, even though I have no idea who you are.

Ted

nothing dark about wanting to get your life on track; i actually find it easier to be motivated by something you don't like rather than something you do like. my entire family on my dad's side are all morbidly obese, unemployed, diabetic, and time bombs waiting to happen. that pattern will stop with me! Change is pleasant, results are fantastic! KEEP IT UP!
  • bigheadted74
    bigheadted74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your support! Everyone's so nice here, I feel like it's some magical sanctuary hidden within an otherwise angry internet...
  • kalislim
    kalislim Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I too have been on a few crash diets, starving myself, cutting this cutting that, losing the weight, only to eat normally and gaining back the weight. Kudos for realizing that it is a lifestyle change. Feel free to add me for support.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your support! Everyone's so nice here, I feel like it's some magical sanctuary hidden within an otherwise angry internet...

Oh don't worry, there's trolls and jerks here too, but overall this is a nice forum. Even with the 'tough love' crowd. ^_^
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and feel the same as you. I began my journey beginning of the year and have lost 35 lbs so far with about 50 more to go. Although I really try to be mindful of what I eat, this app has helped me to really see what I eat. I have some days where I cheat a little. But I realize that it's ok to have an indulgence every now and then. Enjoy your day off and get back on track the next day. One day at a time, one step at a time.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

New here, first post.

Ted

this is hilarious, glad it worked for you. I had the opposite, a beautiful lady boss who I liked, and she was always so pretty, blonde hair, great figure and I wanted to look like her! I finally lost the weight and I could priss around like her!