Another start and hopefully my last!

Options
DeLonJ27
DeLonJ27 Posts: 9 Member
Hello I'm De'Lon...I am 27 and live in Florida. I am starting my weight loss journey yet again and could definitely use support and motivation. I'm not doing anything specific, just an overall lifestyle change with healthier choices and cutting all junk out.

Replies

• raynereborn
    raynereborn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi De'Lon - I am Rayne.
    I too am restarting and looking to make healthy choices and get back on track with a better lifestyle. I have sent you a friends request so that we can help each other out :smile:
    Have a wonderful first day of our new journey!!
  • DeLonJ27
    Options
    Hey Rayne! Thanks for the add.

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I did this a year ago at 63 and should have started it at 23. I use Google to find articles and research on different eating lifestyles and go from there. Best of Success. We know we do not lose and keep weight off by just "dieting".
  • needstobefit15
    needstobefit15 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with u this is my third time restarting my weight loss journey. Add me if u want.we can help each other
  • austinjayford
    austinjayford Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What have you tried in the past that has worked/failed?
  • DeLonJ27
    Options
    @ austinjayford I have done diets and not an actual lifestyle change...I just slowly revert back to old habits and stop working out. I have also done weight loss pills, detoxes, never an actual lifestyle change.
  • Brin1956
    Brin1956 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    There are good lifestyle changes. I like to just reduce what I already eat. I tried a paleo diet but hubby was not happy with it or I would still be on it. This is my second go round on here too after major health problems. Do not start with a 1200 calorie diet you will set yourself up for failure. Do a 1400 to 1500 calorie diet for a slow steady loss. it will give you enough food that you won't feel starved all the time. Keep getting back on the wagon when you fall off. This site works if you are honest and log everyday. If you make your own meals it really helps so get shopping. Collect some friends and get motivated. Once you start this site don't quit. Keep logging and keep trying. Weigh-in once a week don't become a scale watcher. Remember to measure and have a great weight loss.
  • DeLonJ27
    Options
    Brin1956 wrote: »
    There are good lifestyle changes. I like to just reduce what I already eat. I tried a paleo diet but hubby was not happy with it or I would still be on it. This is my second go round on here too after major health problems. Do not start with a 1200 calorie diet you will set yourself up for failure. Do a 1400 to 1500 calorie diet for a slow steady loss. it will give you enough food that you won't feel starved all the time. Keep getting back on the wagon when you fall off. This site works if you are honest and log everyday. If you make your own meals it really helps so get shopping. Collect some friends and get motivated. Once you start this site don't quit. Keep logging and keep trying. Weigh-in once a week don't become a scale watcher. Remember to measure and have a great weight loss.

Thanks so much for that. It is hard when you have others in the home eating whatever they want. But I am starting with a little over 1500 calories and I am trying my best to stay away from the scale. I troll it to my moms so when I go there on the weekends is when I will do my weigh ins.