Does exercise make you energetic or sleepy?

Options

Replies

• Versacam
    Versacam Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm on fire when I exercise :smiley: there simply is no better way to start the day....

Same for me, I feel awesome!

Apart from swimming, that makes me sleepy for some reason lol.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Exercise gives me energy. If I am feeling tired or sluggish, it's likely because I am not getting enough movement.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Tired afterwards. If you've worked out hard, you should be tired. I'm especially tired after swimming.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Tired afterwards. If you've worked out hard, you should be tired. I'm especially tired after swimming.

Swimming is more tiring for some reason. ...
    I don't agree though with tiredness=hard workout in general...Maybe to begin with but not when you're used to it...
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am alert, awake and totally energised. I love the energy rush I get from my workouts. I am definitely tired on rest days so I don't take many anymore.
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Exercise makes me sleepy. Always has. By the end of an aerobics class I'm yawning big time.
  • Treasureslide
    Treasureslide Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have been noticing that I am really tired on days that I exercise in the mornings, I get a great adrenalin rush after and then i am flat. I have just had all my bloods done and they are normal.... so i think its just quite normal.
  • diazkl
    diazkl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Just want to know before I visit my doctor. I'm often tired during the day (especially in the mornings) which I'm not liking. I workout first thing in the morning. I can't workout in the afternoon/evenings as simply can't get into the exercise. If I don't do it first thing, I won't do it at all.
    So, my question is, it is the workout making me tired? After my workout, I have a shower then go to work where I am not bounding up dem stairs or skipping around the building as I'm too tired :) Surely I should have more energy? No? Thanks.

• diazkl
    diazkl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I find it depends on the workout. If I'm running 4 miles and including some weights, then yes, I'm tired. But if I just do a 2 mile run with some squats, jumping jacks, etc. then I find I'm fine through out the day and will have some energy. I also include a protein shake that's about 100 calories that I find helps me.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    exercise energizes me.
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If I havent had enough sleep the night before or if my blood sugar levels are too high or low, I feel tired before during and after exercise but if everything is right before exercise ie enough sleep etc then I feel energised after workout.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Everyone always says that exercising will make you all energized and feel great. Nope, after I exercise I want to sleep!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I feel completely wired after workout, but as soon as I sit or lie down, I'm out cold like I just ate Thanksgiving dinner.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Just want to know before I visit my doctor. I'm often tired during the day (especially in the mornings) which I'm not liking. I workout first thing in the morning. I can't workout in the afternoon/evenings as simply can't get into the exercise. If I don't do it first thing, I won't do it at all.
    So, my question is, it is the workout making me tired? After my workout, I have a shower then go to work where I am not bounding up dem stairs or skipping around the building as I'm too tired :) Surely I should have more energy? No? Thanks.

How is your hydration. If I haven't drunk enough water, I feel really sluggish.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercise???? :wink:
  • Prayerwarrior7
    Prayerwarrior7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    What kind of exercise???? :wink:

Not that 'kind' ;)

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    It makes me very bouncy and energetic for a few hours and then I want to take a nap. This is one of the reasons I like to exercise in the evenings. It shakes off the day, makes me feel happy and then I sleep well.
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how hard I push myself at the gym on that given day and if I had a rest day the day before that. I feel energetic after my first gym session after a rest day, but for the days after that, I gradually become more and more tired. It also depends if I'm at work that night or not. Work can tire me out some days as well.
  • joolieb1
    joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I think the answer for me is both. Sometimes on a rest day or later on in a run day, I get an energy surge and my legs want to move. At other times, just climb back into a cosy bed and sleep. Strange mixture of both.
  • Prayerwarrior7
    Prayerwarrior7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks all :)