preop liquid diet.

Options
I'm on day 3 of my preop 800 cal liquid diet and I feel weak. Any suggestions ??

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    If it's something required by your surgeon, I would suggest calling the office for suggestions. We aren't really qualified here to give that kind of specific advice.

I am curious, though ... how long do you need to be on this before surgery, and what kind of surgery? (I've never known of anything that requires this kind of preop diet)
  • Beyasindo
    Beyasindo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    4 days on liquid diet. & I'm getting my 2nd lapband removed after 2 failed bands.
    Going with VGS*
  • terrilynn1982
    terrilynn1982 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I had the gastric bypass sleeve surgery. I was on a liquid diet one week before. I had protien shakes. Getting your protien in is important. Sugar free jello and popsicle. And tomato soup. What surgery are you having?
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Beyasindo wrote: »
    4 days on liquid diet. & I'm getting my 2nd lapband removed after 2 failed bands.
    Going with VGS*

I'm curious how the previous 2 failed? Was is a defect with the band or did they just not do what you expected them to do?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Weakness comes with the VLCD liquid diet. No operating heavy equipment! Drop any physical activity you may have started before the VLCD diet. Get up slowly, make sure there are supports nearby when you walk. Water is free, so take advantage. Count the days when it is over.

I am guessing, VSG? That's what I've got.

By the way, Lap band failure I've heard of many. They can slip. They can scar.
  • nanwebs
    nanwebs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Okay, since everyone knows except me, what is a VSG?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    nanwebs wrote: »

Google knows...

https://www.google.com/search?q=VSG&oq=VSG&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8
  • Beyasindo
    Options
    Hi there. I had the gastric bypass sleeve surgery. I was on a liquid diet one week before. I had protien shakes. Getting your protien in is important. Sugar free jello and popsicle. And tomato soup. What surgery are you having?
    . Hi. I'm getting the sleeve done.

• Beyasindo
    Options

Its vertical gastric sleeve. Vgs*
  • Beyasindo
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Weakness comes with the VLCD liquid diet. No operating heavy equipment! Drop any physical activity you may have started before the VLCD diet. Get up slowly, make sure there are supports nearby when you walk. Water is free, so take advantage. Count the days when it is over.

I am guessing, VSG? That's what I've got.

By the way, Lap band failure I've heard of many. They can slip. They can scar.

Yes the vgs I've been drinking lots of water and in the bathroom a lot. I finally got some protein muscle milk. I'm going to give that a try tonight. Its been very hard today the 3rd day. Especially with my 1 year old. Hopefully I will feel better soon
  • Beyasindo
    Options
    Going with VGS*

I'm curious how the previous 2 failed? Was is a defect with the band or did they just not do what you expected them to do?

Both. First one just slipped it was the original lap band the second one just really didn't do much for me it was the realize band. I will get it taken out and the. Sleeved in 2 days
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

* Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. My sister had some success with this surgery. I hope all goes well for you.
  • Beyasindo
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

* Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. My sister had some success with this surgery. I hope all goes well for you.

• Beyasindo
    Options
    Thank u