Slimmer waist

Options
I tend to put weight on my belly before anywhere how do I keep my tummy flat and waist small without losing too much weight everywhere else ?

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Oh man, if you get a credible answer from someone, please share. To be honest I think the only answer is a tummy tuck. You can't spot reduce. If you are like me though, I put weight on my belly first but I also lose it off my belly first.
  • Hana1908
    Hana1908 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try doing some core based exercises like planks, all sorts of crunches and mostly oblique exercises like russian twists and side hip raises along with other exercises that evenly slim you up and tone your body. Also try not to eat too much food that would bloat you up like food containing high sodium, fried food or sodas and try sticking to a cleaner diet. Hope that helps and I wish you all the best :)
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Hana1908 wrote: »
    Try doing some core based exercises like planks, all sorts of crunches and mostly oblique exercises like russian twists and side hip raises along with other exercises that evenly slim you up and tone your body. Also try not to eat too much food that would bloat you up like food containing high sodium, fried food or sodas and try sticking to a cleaner diet. Hope that helps and I wish you all the best :)

That's seriously not going to do anything.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. You cannot spot reduce. You cannot spot reduce.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The only way to get rid of belly fat is a calorie deficit. Where the fat comes from is determined by genetics.

ETA: No amount of ab exercises will make you lose fat in that area specifically.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Truth

Abs are made in the kitchen. Lift heavy.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • jfitnessguru
    jfitnessguru Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    The only way to get rid of belly fat is a calorie deficit. Where the fat comes from is determined by genetics.

ETA: No amount of ab exercises will make you lose fat in that area specifically.

Nothing else needs to be said just read above. You won't lose fat in just one specific area on your body you will lose it from all over.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Truth

Abs are made in the kitchen. Lift heavy.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

It's almost like no one reads the stickied, "must read" posts.
  • Kelsiewoo2014
    Kelsiewoo2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options