Wisdom tooth extraction and excersose

Options
Im freaking out because im an excersise fanatic. I run, do hiit, or circut train everyday and havnt missed a day in years. I just had a wisdom tooth out 2 days ago and didnt do anything yesterday. I dont want to get a dry socket but need to move. Today i walked for an hour and did some pilates. When can i resume high intensity? And what can i do to burn calories till then? Advice please. My dentist said was very vague. He just saif dont do anything to knock yhe clot out.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Dry sockets suck, so I would not exercise until it healed.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    bezlooney wrote: »
    Im freaking out because im an excersise fanatic. I run, do hiit, or circut train everyday and havnt missed a day in years. I just had a wisdom tooth out 2 days ago and didnt do anything yesterday. I dont want to get a dry socket but need to move. Today i walked for an hour and did some pilates. When can i resume high intensity? And what can i do to burn calories till then? Advice please. My dentist said was very vague. He just saif dont do anything to knock yhe clot out.
    It is surgery. Wait five or six days.
    Walking and Pilates are good.

• bezlooney
    bezlooney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advise!!!! I walked again for 80min today, its my 3rd day out so ill keep doing that for a few more days i guess. I just hate walking. Its so boreing and i want to run.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Do you have an mp3 player with you on your walks? Music does it for me, but if that bores you too, you could download audio books from your library.
  • bezlooney
    bezlooney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    No i dont have anything to listen to. Music would help though. Thanks for the suggestion!