Easy Banana Bread

gmtd1987
gmtd1987 Posts: 2 Member
Can anyone help with a low calorie, easy banana bread recipe?

I'd like to use bananas (obviously), egg whites and oats primarily, maybe some cinnamon and baking powder?

Not too keen on using flour...

Anyone have any good recipes or maybe we can discuss and come up with something which everyone could benefit from?

Replies

• OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Is it wheat flour you're trying to avoid specifically. I know some folks use almond flour. I don't 'cause it costs something like $10 / lb. but some do.
  • singthepoems
    singthepoems Posts: 3 Member
    Skinnytaste.com has a terrific Low Fat Banana Nut Bread recipe. It's super tasty and moist even though there's hardly any butter and no egg yolks in it. It does use wheat flour, which you could probably find a substitute for (spelt, oat, etc) if that's your thing. I actually like that bread better than most full-fat versions I've tried.
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    If you want the "taste" of banana bread, try banana pancakes. One banana and two eggs added to blender and mixed until smooth, add desired spices. Spray pan and Cook on low and slow in skillet. Make them small and don't flip until golden brown on bottom. OR spray mini muffin pan and bake at 350 until golden on top.