~600 Calorie meal that can be broken into parts?

Options
I am looking for ideas for a meal around 600 calories that can be eaten in parts. Eating half of my lunch and then waiting a few hours to eat the rest seems to help me avoid being hungry throughout the day. However, for me it's difficult to eat half of it if it's not easily divisible.

Right now I'm eating Lean Pockets for lunch, one at 11am and one at 2pm. This is working pretty well, but I'd prefer to make something myself rather than purchase Lean Pockets every week. Does anyone have an idea?

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    sparkrecipes.com has some yummy healthy meals for 600 calories
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Maybe just make whatever you'd like to eat and simply separate it into two different containers. Eat one at 11 and the other one later. 600 calories isn't bad - you can eat quite a lot of things for that.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    What do you guys find to be filling? Taste is a secondary factor to me - I'd rather not be hungry than eat something delicious but be starving within a couple hours.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Just have parts to your lunch. Mine always have two or three. Possibly a simple salad with tuna, tomato, mushroom, maybe 25 grams of avocado, spinach, and balsamic. Then I'll have like 250 grams of cucumber salted, with chili paste. Then maybe a coffee from a good shop, a quest bar much later in the afternoon/before the gym.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I do that with pre-made sub sandwiches from grocery stores. If I have a 12 hour day at work I buy a huge one and split it three ways. Easy to eat at your desk and filling.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    What do you guys find to be filling? Taste is a secondary factor to me - I'd rather not be hungry than eat something delicious but be starving within a couple hours.

Protein and high volume. So basically A LOT of vegetable and meat. I don't waste calories on creamy dressings, drinks, etc. I keep it simple and try to get as much food in my stomach as possible.
  • shootergirlnc
    shootergirlnc Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I did my own take on a shawarma. I use my crock pot on Sunday and cook a few chicken breast in water, lemon juice, garlic, and various spices such as crushed red peppers, all spice, salt, and regular black pepper. Cook it over night and shred it in the morning. Dice up tomatoes and cucumbers, and put them in a bag/container. Get some pita pocket bread, and when lunch time comes, put the chicken and veggies in the pita. You can add ranch if you want, but it's fine without it to me. You can make a couple throughout the course of the day, and it'd make enough where you could eat it for a few days.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    My sandwiches are about 300 calories each - you could make two sandwiches.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Meat and fiber are very filling for me. I prefer the fiber because the meat sits in there like a rock, but the meat is filling.

Anything can be broken in half if you pack it in halves. Even soup could be ladled into two thermoses. :)