Things people do at the gym that impresses you

Options
CJisinShape
CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
It impresses me when several people offer to spot me. I appreciate not having to interrupt and ask favors.

I'm impressed by really fat people showing up in real exercise clothes. Brave, and it looks better than oversized T's.

I'm impressed when skinny dudes prove super strong, like whoa, wasn't expecting that! (Weatherman on American Ninja Warrior, whooohooo)!

I'm impressed with women that have comic book super hero proportions. I'm like, ok, not mad ya. Not jealous, I'm getting there.

Replies

• hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    When I see seniors (men and women) working out besides young fit men and women. Taking charge of their health at any age
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I am impressed with kind members who took the time to learn gym etiquette.

I am impressed when a person who is starting at square one takes the gym by storm

I am impressed with people who include their children in the gym environment

I am impressed by people who go to the gym w no make up - hair not done etc. its not a stage its a gym

I am impressed with kindness.
  • the_comeback
    the_comeback Posts: 2,199 Member
    Options
    Mind their own business lol
  • SurelyShannon
    SurelyShannon Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed with their dedication. We have several people with handicaps that work out at my gym and it really puts things into perspective when you're trying to reach your own goals, do one more rep etc.
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see a person with a physical disability who is out working just about everyone else in the gym. Very motivating.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Mind their own business lol

Right? Lol.
  • DCE96
    DCE96 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When they manage to wipe the sweat off the machine after using it. It isn't just impressive but a miracle.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    ready4_50 wrote: »
    Whenever I see a person with a physical disability who is out working just about everyone else in the gym. Very motivating.

That gets me too. I saw a kid the other day kicking *kitten* on a machine. He had Down syndrome.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,525 Member
    Options
    Watched a guy do a pistol squat to a one legged box jump.............waist high.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • blu_de_ville
    blu_de_ville Posts: 4,296 Member
    Options
    Titti dance makes me melt very impressive
  • AmandaCaton2015
    AmandaCaton2015 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I met a Daughter and father working out together, the father saw a few men staring at his daughters a** and a couple girls next to her like they were a piece of meat. The father asked the young men to go for a brief walk with him to discuss respect in the work place. The faces were priceless!