BREAKFAST

Options
Can anyone suggest a yummy breakfast but ultimately healthy?

Replies

• mixmama0809
    mixmama0809 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1 egg, avocado slices, and high quality cheese on a whole wheat/grain English muffin (add some meat, if you wish, but I am vegetarian).

Spinach and Parmesan omellete (or scramble; my omelletes always break :)

Large flake oats, cubed apple, milk of choice (dairy or non), cinnamon, sprinkle of stevia, all cooked together in pot.

My go-to ' s.
  • Visha_01
    Visha_01 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    1 egg, avocado slices, and high quality cheese on a whole wheat/grain English muffin (add some meat, if you wish, but I am vegetarian).

Spinach and Parmesan omellete (or scramble; my omelletes always break :)

Large flake oats, cubed apple, milk of choice (dairy or non), cinnamon, sprinkle of stevia, all cooked together in pot.

My go-to ' s.

have you tried oatmeal? do u put milk? if yes, what milk?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you like at breakfast. I grew up eating traditional breakfast food for the late meal of the day and and traditional dinner food for the morning meal.
  • catkayxx
    catkayxx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A half bagel topped with cream cheese, maple syrup and strawberries
  • ForestFairy022
    ForestFairy022 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You should eat what you like. But I have 3 options I rotate between.

1. Oatmeal with milk (because carbs)
    2. 1 slice toast, 2 eggs, and 2 slices bacon (when I have time)
    3. Breakfast biscuits with milk. (Because carbs)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I eat a P28 protein bagel with peanut butter almost daily. On the weekends, I make omelets (2 eggs, 4 egg whites, shredded cheese, salsa, peppers, onions).
  • marthapie2
    marthapie2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have three typical breakfasts where I make sure I get a lot of protein since I work out right before I eat.

1) egg scramble: 1 egg, 1 egg white, 28g cottage cheese (those three mixed together) with whatever veggies I have and usually chopped lunchmeat

2) overnight oats: oats, protein powder, greek yogurt, almond milk, some kind of fruit or veggie (banana, shredded zucchini, pumpkin, avocado, etc), sometimes peanut flour

3) protein shake: couple frozen chunks of banana, almond milk, protein powder, greek yogurt, peanut flour, milled flax seed

I love breakfast!
  • Visha_01
    Visha_01 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Food is healthful. Just eat what you like and track your calories and macro nutrients.

whats macro nutrients?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    What do you like? I sometimes have oatmeal, but usually have a vegetable omelet. Last year I was having salads or dinner leftovers a lot, though.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Visha_01 wrote: »
    Food is healthful. Just eat what you like and track your calories and macro nutrients.

whats macro nutrients?

Carbs, fat and protein are macronutrients..
  • sccatluvr
    sccatluvr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Here's a wonderful shake that I do in the morning: 3 oz. nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt, 1 Tblsp almond butter, 1 cup kale, 1/2 cup frozen pineapple (I use fresh), 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (I use fresh), and 3/4 cup water. Blend it all up, drink, and enjoy! I also add a packet of stevia to sweeten it up a bit.
  • dommifox
    dommifox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love having a big breakfast that keeps me going through till lunch. Today's breakfast was banana & blueberry pancakes with a drizzle of honey!
    1 very ripe banana mashed
    1/3 cup of blueberries mashed
    Mix in 1 medium egg
    Add in 1/3 cup of self raising flour
    And a splash of almond milk (I sometimes add chia seeds for a bit of fibre too)
    Fried with coconut oil. Yum

fxlz7w8gmhwq.jpg