Greek Yogurt - How to love if you hate it?

Options
12346»

Replies

• pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My new favorite salad dressing/condiment is Litehouse Greek yogurt dressing, with dill & feta in it...tasty on everything!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Did OP ever say what specific plan it is that forces her to eat Greek yogurt?

Nope!

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I use as a sub for sour cream and cream in savory dishes, and dressing in salads. Works well as a sandwich spread too, esp like it on veggie/salad sandwiches.

I also eat it mixed with ice cream (to extend smaller portion of ice cream and improve macros). I'll also sometimes have it with a couple of crushed mini Oreos or other cookies, or some Nutella or, less often, with some peanut butter. I don't go nuts with these add-ins, 5g of Nutella or peanut butter is enough for me to greatly improve the flavor of 100g of yogurt.

I just very recently mixed Greek yogurt with some cottage cheese and a tsp of apple butter. That was a much better combo than I thought it would be.

Kirkland (Costco) Greek yogurt and Fage are the only plain Greek yogurts I've tried that were mild and not mouth-puckering tart/sour.

I don't like to eat yogurt just plain on its own. 'Course I also don't like to eat sour cream, cream, or salad dressing on its own. :)

I don't know how much flexibility your plan allows to make Greek yogurt easier to work into your diet, but this is some of what I do to incorporate Greek yogurt into my diet. It does have great macro's, and it's so versatile I really can't think of an equivalent substitute for it. I have looked for quark, but it's not around here yet, apparently.
  • alexandriasundstrom
    Options
    I will get the vanilla or coconut Oikos and throw some chocolate chips in... It tastes like chocolate chip cheesecake!
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Absolutely no reason to eat something you hate. If you like regular yogurt, have at it lol. :)