I have a question girls.

Options
13»

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I think taking it back and receiving a refund is a good idea.

I've also had csections so understand your frustration. But this waist training stuff won't help you .

Definitely start a lifting program asap and you'll get the stomach that you desire.
  • Finniemarie9710
    Finniemarie9710 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice, I appreciate it.
  • melmelrooroo
    melmelrooroo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Since OP mentioned back pain- the best way to avoid back pain is to build up your muscles enough in your back so they can properly support good posture without getting tired and then hurt. The best way to do this is through strength training the muscles in your back and core or doing body weight exercises for the back/core.

I used to have terrible back pain but once I started strengthening those muscles it worked wonders!
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    BWBTrish wrote: »
    i am so glad i dont go to a gym. I would be soooo in trouble
    I really would pee myself when i see somebody in a corset running on a threadmill

Hahahaha...I second this!! And I'd be the one having to preform rescue breathing until you came to!
  • lolagranola1
    lolagranola1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm talking about the black stretch waist training coreset to help with working out... I'm not meaning an actual coreset with metal... I didn't know what else to call it, my bad... I asked for advise not insults... Thanks to everyone who is actually trying to help me...

Well... wow. I read a few of the comments posted. Some of them are rude as can be. As i read your initial post, i thought to myself that you must've been talking about something like a wrap of sorts. Not an actual coreset. I have a freind that used to wrap herself in seran wrap to increase her sweating. She swore by it! I have never tried it. I sweat enough without extra help. Good luck with everything.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'm talking about the black stretch waist training coreset to help with working out... I'm not meaning an actual coreset with metal... I didn't know what else to call it, my bad... I asked for advise not insults... Thanks to everyone who is actually trying to help me...

Well... wow. I read a few of the comments posted. Some of them are rude as can be. As i read your initial post, i thought to myself that you must've been talking about something like a wrap of sorts. Not an actual coreset. I have a freind that used to wrap herself in seran wrap to increase her sweating. She swore by it! I have never tried it. I sweat enough without extra help. Good luck with everything.

Also a terrible idea
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

LOL

In the hopes of achieving what? More sweating?

Ridiculous things are ridiculous...they deserve funny responses or massive facepalm at the idiocy or both

It's like people just want to belieeeeve....

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm talking about the black stretch waist training coreset to help with working out... I'm not meaning an actual corset with metal... I didn't know what else to call it, my bad... I asked for advise not insults... Thanks to everyone who is actually trying to help me...

Well... wow. I read a few of the comments posted. Some of them are rude as can be. As i read your initial post, i thought to myself that you must have been talking about something like a wrap of sorts. Not an actual corset. I have a friend that used to wrap herself in saran wrap to increase her sweating. She swore by it! I have never tried it. I sweat enough without extra help. Good luck with everything.

considering how ludicrous the idea of working out with a corset OR a waist trainer is- most of the commentary in here is pretty normal- nothing outrageously rude at all.

Also- hi- welcome to the internet. you seem to be new at internet-ing. Good luck.

PS- use your spell checker.
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I saw a commercial for one of those "waist trainers". The woman was running in it! I couldn't believe it. It would restrict your breathing, in general, never mind while doing exercises!! Definitely NOT a good idea!! B)
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I've only skimmed the replies, but has anyone mentioned that this can cause your core to be weaker?!?!? You want your core to have to work while you exercise to strengthen and them "waist killers" will do just the opposite. It's just like sitting in a chair turns off the glutes.
  • Finniemarie9710
    Options

[/quote]

I'm sorry for all the jerks on here...everyone has little things that help them...some ppl are just to stubborn and hard headed to realize that. I'm going to erase this post if ppl don't knock it off. If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it. Your not helping anyone at all.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Wow.....does MFP have like the worst people out there? This OP asked a simple question and most of you here are insulting her and making fun of her. It's a legitimate question. She's asking for help and guidance. This is like High school here, where the jock and cheerleaders make fun of the pimple, over weight kid for what he's wearing at the gym, or some fat chick in glasses in braces trying to use the treadmill. Why is everyone here insulting instead of helping? Some of you folks need some serious help.
    To answer your original question, no it is not recommended to wear doing exercising. I know what you're talking about, and it doesn't help. It's just a gimmick. If you haven't opened or used the product, I would return it for a refund.
  • Finniemarie9710
    Options
    I already returned it, and thank you!
  • Finniemarie9710
    Options
    This is the last time I ask for advice on here that's for sure/:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

I'm sorry for all the jerks on here...everyone has little things that help them...some ppl are just to stubborn and hard headed to realize that. I'm going to erase this post if ppl don't knock it off. If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it. Your not helping anyone at all.

That's odd. By my count, someone spent money on a wasteful item that could do them harm and they have returned said item based on the overwhelming sentiment of the replies in this thread. Are you saying that person wasn't helped? Not to mention the hundreds of other people that saw this thread and now know better than to pay for a waist trainer. Them no get helpy either?

This is the last time I ask for advice on here that's for sure/:

Fair enough. Then this will be the last time we save you from yourself.

Best wishes.
  • Finniemarie9710
    Options
    You can help someone without being mean.
  • Finniemarie9710
    Options
    I took it back because of all the ppl that gave me actual advise on here. Not because of ppl like you. Best wishes to you too.
  • _sambamm
    _sambamm Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    corsets and waist trainers are a waste of time and money. they are not long term solutions. a healthy diet with heavy weight lifting are the way to go. if you want that hourglass shape, build up your lats and glutes (it will give the illusion of a small waist) by doing lat pulldowns, db rows, squats and deadlifts (plus other weight lifting exercises).