low cal protein bars

Options
Hello Everyone-

I'm looking for low cal protein bars. Everything that I come across that looks good is high in calories. I'm looking for a bar that has approximately 100 calories. Help please:)

Replies

• Darton2010
    Darton2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    100 cals and how much protein? Your only gonna get around 10g for that. Your better off eating a large hard boiled egg which is 70 cals and 18g of protein.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    1 egg is not 18g protein

Most 100 calorie bars are only going to get you about 10g. Some protein powders can have 20g for 120 calories, if you don't mind drinking it. I'm sure there are bars with more, but most I go for have 15-20 for 200 calories.
  • Darton2010
    Darton2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The bars I eat are "life choice" from Walmart, they range from 18-20g of protein and 180-210 cals per bar and are much lower carb than even power bar is. For the protein to cal/carb ratio I haven't found a better bar. They have a bunch of flavors also, peanut butter, mint choc chip, double fudge, choc chip cookie dough, protein brownies and a few other meal and energy bars, and are 3.88 for 5 bars. Been eating them for a long time.
  • Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Pretty cheap/simple to make your own. I've seen a lot of recipes on Pinterest.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    darton2010 wrote: »
    100 cals and how much protein? Your only gonna get around 10g for that. Your better off eating a large hard boiled egg which is 70 cals and 18g of protein.

6 grams of protein*

(:
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I would just slice a 200 calorie protein bar in half.
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that. Beyond Special K garbage you won't find that. I agree with mathandcats to cut the bar in half. I personally recommend quest or victory bars. Combat are good too. Again, you'd have to only eat half at a time or opt for a protein shake
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Some flavors of quest bars have 160 cals and 20 gm of protein. Maybe the lemon cream and double chocolate chunk flavors if I recall correctly
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    darton2010 wrote: »
    The bars I eat are "life choice" from Walmart, they range from 18-20g of protein and 180-210 cals per bar and are much lower carb than even power bar is. For the protein to cal/carb ratio I haven't found a better bar. They have a bunch of flavors also, peanut butter, mint choc chip, double fudge, choc chip cookie dough, protein brownies and a few other meal and energy bars, and are 3.88 for 5 bars. Been eating them for a long time.

i'll have to check these out, although i'll probably end up buying them elsewhere if I can - i'm on a seven year streak of not setting foot into a Wal-Mart. i've been getting the Pure Protein Strawberry Yogurt bars, but they're higher in carbs than I'm comfortable with...and they're not chocolate. I don't know why everybody that makes these things operate under the assumption that nobody will ever, ever tire of chocolate-this or double-fudge that, but it actually does get old after a while. :)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    You could have half of one of these bars but you wouldn't be getting much in the way of protein:

http://www.ketobars.com/products/keto-bars-10-pack

Why not just have part of a Quest bar or part of one of the protein bars that you say look good to you?
  • carolineloves
    carolineloves Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Quest bars range from 150-200 cal, but provide 20 g of protein. Lots of fiber, and 21-27 g of carbs (moderate for a protein bar), and low sugar. I'm a fan of chocolate brownie, s'mores, apple pie, chocolate cookie dough. You can eat half to meet your cal needs, but that's half of everything else.