What is your Macros set at?

Options
Hi All, I would love to know what you set your Macros to. If you have altered the settings to something specific would love to know why and get more info. I have the default settings and it doesn't seem quite right. I am new to MFP and totally love the nutrition tracking. I am so glad to have been able to cut a lot of processed sugar from my diet and I knew I just needed to track the patterns.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I would love to connect with other mindful peoples on MFP.

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    My macros are altered quite a bit. I eat very low carb high fat to correct my prediabetes and treat my autoimmune issues, plus it completely stopped my sweets cravings. I'm following a ketogenic diet so my body has switched to burning fats rather than glucose for fuel.

Carbs 5% (that's 20 something grams but I am usually between 5 and 35g)
    Fat 70%
    Protein 25%

I'm eating about 1500 kcal per day and losing between 1 and 3 lbs per week even though I'm back into a normal BMI.

Good luck! :)
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    50% Carbs...20% Protein...30% Fat

This is what I shoot for without going nuts over it.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    40-30-30
  • banananiii
    banananiii Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    40-30-30. I don't eat a ton of carbs, and I need protein.
  • Hannah220190
    Hannah220190 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    50 C, 25 P, 25 F - works well for me!
  • harryfrankham1
    harryfrankham1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    400g carbs,400g protein, 100g fat. Boom
  • LolaKarwowski
    LolaKarwowski Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    40-30-30. I don't eat a ton of carbs, and I need protein.

Same.
  • mitchelsimps
    mitchelsimps Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    240P 304C 60F going for the cutting goal!
  • imaphotographer
    imaphotographer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    My macros are altered quite a bit. I eat very low carb high fat to correct my prediabetes and treat my autoimmune issues, plus it completely stopped my sweets cravings. I'm following a ketogenic diet so my body has switched to burning fats rather than glucose for fuel.

Carbs 5% (that's 20 something grams but I am usually between 5 and 35g)
    Fat 70%
    Protein 25%

I'm eating about 1500 kcal per day and losing between 1 and 3 lbs per week even though I'm back into a normal BMI.

Good luck! :)

Wow. That is pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing. Cutting out the sugar is huge. That was my main reason for joining. Best wishes.

• imaphotographer
    imaphotographer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies! Helpful!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    My macros are set at 40% carbs 30% fat and 30% protein. The default setting had too many carbs.

I also track calories, iron (I've been deficient before and I want to remain aware), fat, protein, fiber (Keeping track of fiber makes me more aware of the types of food I'm consuming) and carbs. I do not track sugar, I found that particular setting redundant, since sugars are already counted with carbs and watching the numbers go up on a fruit and yogurt day just annoyed me and did nothing to help me eat more consciously.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Carbs: 30g (but I shoot for less than 20 per day)
    Protein: 101g
    Fat: 53g

I'm post-bariatric surgery and right now, the only numbers that matter to my doctor and me are the carbs and protein. The fat is set where it is, because I have my calories at 1001. After my protein and carb goals are entered, the remaining calories go to fat. The calories aren't actually that important to us right now, as I so very rarely reach that number and my surgery causes malabsorption to boot. However, MFP needed a number, so I gave them 1001.

My diary is open, if you're curious. However, this is in no way a standard, normal, or acceptable diet for the average person. Seriously, I even have a standard disclaimer, as you can see below.

My standard disclaimer... No one should eat the way I am eating unless directed and supervised by a doctor specializing in weight loss.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Carbs: 10%
    Protein: 15%
    Fat: 75%
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    Carbs 35
    Fat 35
    Protein 30

But, I actually have a carb, protein range I shoot for. The percentage isn't that huge a deal for me. It was just the closest to where I want to be.

When eating 2000 calories a day, I shoot for
    Carbs between 173-229 g
    Protein between 109-165 g
    Fat at 75g
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    40/40/20 carb/fat/protein, but my goal calories are set to close to maintenance, and I'm usually under that. Actual over the course of a week is more like 35/40/25. I've done well at the past at 33/33/33, but since I added a daily avocado, I allocated more to fat. My protein goal is a certain number of grams; if I were working with a smaller calorie budget, a larger percentage would be protein.

I also changed the fiber goal to 35g.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    40 carbs, 30 protein, 30 fat. I try not to go crazy over it. If carbs are higher and fat lower one day I'm ok with it. As long as I can keep the protein at 30.
  • AnaPaulaKayser
    AnaPaulaKayser Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    60-20-20 -1.200 cal/day
    Non processed plant based diet.
    Losing fat and gaining muscles!
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I just aim for 120g protein (35%) and much less than that of net carbs. I rarely reach the specified fat amount (30%).
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I live with an overweight guy, who is 34 and has gout. He continues to feed himself the same crap that got him where he is: high fructose corn syrup.

I am trying to help him change his nutrition, so we will see how that goes. I eat high fat low carb, with enough protein to build muscle through one researcher's method. I say so long as you cut out the processed crap, you are good. I try to wherever possible, right down to the peanut butter!