30 day shred - can I have your review?

Options
Can you leave your feedback on the 30 day shred?

And the other one, I think it's called 6 weeks ripped by Jillian Michaels (:

What's your favourite workout DVD(s)?

Replies

• redd_87
    redd_87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Jillian's dvd's. I'm currently doing 30DS for the second time about a year or so after my first time. My results were pretty significant the first time, although I didn't take measurements. I think I lost 10 pounds the first time; 125 down to 115, or something similar. Not sure about inches. This time I'm about 2/3 of the way through and I've shed 1.5-2 inches from both my waist and hips each, and about a pound and a half. I'm kinda small already so my losses and gains aren't as drastic comparably speaking, but I get good results. I love her videos cuz they're short and give me a good quick workout and every time I go through a slump, her videos are perfect to get me back into a routine. I haven't done the other one you mentioned, but I'm planning on doing Body Revolution for the second time after I've completed 30DS. (Body revolution is a 90 day program, if you aren't familiar with it.) I own quite a few of her dvd's and I really like 30DS, Body Revolution, and Hard Body; Hard body being a 45 minute workout. The downside to 30DS is that it is very repetitious doing the same workout 10 days in a row so once I get the moves down I turn up my own workout mix and turn Jillian's volume down; it goes by much quicker that way! In body revolution the workouts are different each day, except you rotate the same video every 3rd day (one part of your body the first day, another part the second, then cardio on the 3rd, then back to the first part of your body, etc) so it's better with the variation, but your own music always helps regardless. Hope this helps, and good luck!
    Options
    Do the 30 day shred. It's a killer, but it'll help tone up your body significantly. I'm only on Day 3 of lvl. 2, but I've already lost 1 in. from my stomach and 1/2 in. from my hips. I've replaced fat with muscle, my clothes are fitting looser, and though my scale hasn't moved much (only 1/2 to 1 lb. so far) I'm elated. (BTW, I'm 5' 6" and 133, so I don't have that much weight to lose, maybe 4-6 lbs.) So quick muscle tone is exactly what I was looking for.
  • AshZie
    AshZie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is worth doing. I recently finished it and I lost a total of 4.5" which included 1.5" from my waist and 1" from my hips and I lost 5.4lbs.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I really like 30DS, but I got really annoyed by Jillian so I don't use it anymore. That said though, it's a great format with the mixed weights and cardio and I still mostly do workouts of that type. You will find it very effective in improving your strength, cardiovascular fitness, and weight/size. And you can always mute her right before she says "ISNT THAT RIIIIGHT" if your timing is good. :)

My current favorite vid by a mile is Chris Freytag ACE (American Council on Exercise) HIIT series video. It has four main workouts, all Tabata format and all use weights - there is a Lower Body HIIT, upper body HIIT, core HIIT and total body HIIT. Each of those are 30 min. Then it has some secondary mini-workouts and a 20 minute vinyasa yoga flow. Here's a summary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AHpIjhiN0w
  • Dojali99
    Dojali99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    could u tell me hiw to free diwnkiad Chris frytage ace the hiit dvd
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Dojali99 wrote: »
    could u tell me hiw to free diwnkiad Chris frytage ace the hiit dvd

Say what?
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It depends on your fitness level. I have the 30 day shred and liked it for getting back into a routine after having my babies. But once I'm back into it, I get bored easily with it because 10 days of the same is too much for my attention span. I am currently doing Ripped in 30 for the 2nd time and I like it much better. The format is the same (3-2-1), but the moves never repeat and there are 4 levels so you only do them for a week. I do Monday to Friday, then go cycling or running once during the weekend if I have time. I haven't taken any measurements, but I know I'm getting stronger. I use 12lb dumbells.