Finally starting to feel good about my appearance!

Options
txsarge17
txsarge17 Posts: 50 Member
When I was promoted to MSgt in October, 2008, my wife at the time took my picture with my new stripes. I realized when I saw it how heavy I had become, but didn't do much about it until the summer of 2009. I dieted and kind of exercised off and on until this past summer, and managed to lose around 15lbs. Then I started Insanity, but had to stop part way through due to medical issues that required surgery.

I finally got serious back in January of this year, and started eating right. Then, after a move in February I started Insanity again. Two weeks in, and I got the flu. That took two weeks to recover from, so I started over in March. Then a military exercise had me working 16 hour days for 15 straight, but I was working my butt off so I just picked up where I had left off when it was over.

From the time I started Insanity the final time to now, I have lost 25lbs and 4" off my waist. But, the best part has been how well my muscle definition has improved. I'm not done, and plan to start up again with either straight Insanity or a hybrid with a weight workout.

Here are some photos of me from Oct 2008 through now. The biggest change has been in my face and gut. I'm loving 190lbs!

spup7s.jpg
This was me in October 2008

2a7aa7o.jpg
Summer 2010

2zqvl0o.jpg
Fall of 2010

xugps.jpg
Unit Christmas party 2010

2py2g3o.jpg
My birthday, April 2011. I still had the gut half way through Insanity

30hqa3d.jpg
And this was a couple days ago. I need better photos, just have to talk my fiance into taking them!

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    You look great!! WTG!
  • txsarge17
    Options
    Ok, what am I doing wrong on the pics? Any suggestions?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    congratulations and way to go. Good luck.
  • txsarge17
    Options
    can you see the photos? I just see the links.
  • txsarge17
    Options
    Ok they should show now. It's amazing how much you lose in the last phase of the workout. Most of my loss was that last month. This is the first time I've ever seen any bit of my abs. Now I just have to make them really stand out!
  • Sho_Rowell
    Sho_Rowell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Change the capital IMG to lowercase img on both sides of the image links.
  • tessb84
    tessb84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • christinainthehouse
    Options
    awesome. way to go. yes, pics are viewable. while not in the military, i'm a civilian army personnel!!! I was looking at that insanity work out and it looks really really hard!!!
  • txsarge17
    Options
    awesome. way to go. yes, pics are viewable. while not in the military, i'm a civilian army personnel!!! I was looking at that insanity work out and it looks really really hard!!!
    It is very hard, but as you progress it gets better. I still can't complete every part of every workout, but hey, those people are super fit and they fall out too!!!

And the best part is, I feel great! My kids can't keep up and that's so backwards from where I was two months ago.
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Wooohoo! Look at YOU!! Great job!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    That's great progress; your hard work is really showing. And way to stick with it even though life kept throwing your curve balls.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    What a huge difference!
  • aeagles
    aeagles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You look great, you should be very proud of yourself :)
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    wow! amazing results! congratulations, you look fantastic! i'm starting insanity in 10 days after i finish p90x.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Looking healthy and strong! Great progress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!