Check out the new Government rules on eating!!

Options
No more food pyramid!! This is the Plate Method......but has a little bit more carbs than I like......(personally).....but it is a good, balanced diet.....which is a good thing! Check it out!

http://www.choosemyplate.gov/

Replies

• Tribonian
    Tribonian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link to the guidelines. Looks better than the pyramid.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Looks good. Even has a way to sign up to get a healthy recommendation of portions for weight loss!!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    IMO more BS from the government
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I have been hearing so much about this in the past week. I'm glad to finally see the result of what people have been talking about so much. I agree that the grains looks a little larger than I would like (I'd prefer to see it about the same size as the protein portion, but I like the balance of everything else. And, I like that they show dairy kind of off to the side. A lot of people grew up on dairy (myself included) but it's not necessary for a healthy lifestyle so it's nice to see it a bit removed from the rest.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity I made up a sample day using their 1200 cal guidelines. 3 oz meat (chicken breast), 2c dairy (skim milk), 1c fruit (blueberries), 1.5c vegies (green beans & carrots), 4oz grain (oatmeal & multigrain bread) and the 4 tsp of oils. I came in at under 900 cals for the day! I think I will stick with MFP...at least I get to EAT.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitbomb.com/
    According to the "experts," we were just too damned stupid to understand the pyramid. Circles, of course, are much easier for our teeny-tiny brains to process. No sharp corners, see?
    Or maybe -- just maybe -- after a century of making pronouncements about what we should eat and then repeatedly changing its mind, THE GOVERNMENT STILL HAS NO CLUE ABOUT HEALTHY EATING.