Need Simple Chicken Recipes

Options
TuesdayPlans
TuesdayPlans Posts: 4 Member
I have some chicken breasts thawing and need some simple chicken recipes. I usually will just use a lawry's marinade and throw on grill (but high sodium). Looking for other grill or baked ideas with simple ingredients.

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I am having good easy garlic chicken from allrecipes.com
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I love the iced tea lemon chicken marinade from emilybites.com. SOOO good!
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Cut 2/3 slits in the chicken, mix a little olive oil with some lemon juice, paste onto the chicken, then sprinkle over some jerk seasoning, then grill or bake, brush over with oil/juice mix if necessary. Can be made as spicy or plain as you like, so suitable for palates. Absolutely yummy served with a pineapple (or mango) salsa.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I use 1tbsp peanut butter, chillipowder and 200ml chicken stock and simmer to make a tasty sauce and put that over my chicken, rice and veg mmm
  • lauraxx2015xx
    lauraxx2015xx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My favourite creamy curry!

Ingredients:
    Chicken or turkey breast (I used 110g of turkey breast)
    Chopped fresh ginger (I used about half a tablespoon)
    Chopped garlic clove
    5ml (about a teaspoon) extra virgin olive oil
    50g green beans
    30g low fat mascarpone cheese
    2 chopped spring onions
    5g (about a teaspoon) Thai green curry paste
    20g smooth peanut butter
    A teaspoon of dried coriander
    Salt and pepper

Directions:
    1. Heat olive oil on a pan, finely chop the garlic and ginger and cut the turkey breast into chunks, fry until slightly golden
    2. Turn down the heat, add in mascarpone, peanut butter and Thai green curry paste, season with salt and pepper and add water until your sauce has the desired consistency (I like mine quite thick)
    3. Simmer and add the green beans when the turkey is nearly cooked through
    4. When the turkey is cooked, stir in the dried coriander and chopped spring onions. Serve!

Calories/macros based on the ingredients and quantities I used (no rice):
    391 calories
    8g carbs
    23g fat
    44g protein
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I buy boneless, skinless breasts - usually two or three per package depending on size. Either way, I use two teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil on the whole batch, brushed on, then I sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and cayenne pepper, and usually paprika, and will sometimes add cumin, curry powder, and/or turmeric. I stopped using garlic salt - even though it wasn't much sodium, I have high blood pressure and need to limit it whenever possible. However, it usually worked out to only 60 grams per serving, so it's not a big deal and does taste good. Bake at 375 for 30 to 40 minutes depending on thickness of breasts - it's always juicy and spicy.
  • lauraxx2015xx
    lauraxx2015xx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My favourite creamy curry!

Ingredients:
    Chicken or turkey breast (I used 110g of turkey breast)
    Chopped fresh ginger (I used about half a tablespoon)
    Chopped garlic clove
    5ml (about a teaspoon) extra virgin olive oil
    50g green beans
    30g low fat mascarpone cheese
    2 chopped spring onions
    5g (about a teaspoon) Thai green curry paste
    20g smooth peanut butter
    A teaspoon of dried coriander
    Salt and pepper

Directions:
    1. Heat olive oil on a pan, finely chop the garlic and ginger and cut the turkey breast into chunks, fry until slightly golden
    2. Turn down the heat, add in mascarpone, peanut butter and Thai green curry paste, season with salt and pepper and add water until your sauce has the desired consistency (I like mine quite thick)
    3. Simmer and add the green beans when the turkey is nearly cooked through
    4. When the turkey is cooked, stir in the dried coriander and chopped spring onions. Serve!

Calories/macros based on the ingredients and quantities I used (no rice):
    391 calories
    8g carbs
    23g fat
    44g protein

Plus try a www.skinnytaste.com
  • kim60654
    kim60654 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I pound the breasts thin then sautée in Pam/olive oil. Take chicken out of pan and add 1/4 cup of sugar-free raspberry jam and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar to pan. Use spatula to mix for 2 minutes. Reheat chicken in sauce and serve. It is yummy and easy. Can substitute maple syrup for the jam
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    1 package of stove top stuffing, mix with salsa, put on top of seasoned chicken breasts and bake until cooked. Tada Bruchetta Chicken :smile:
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    lilRicki wrote: »
    1 package of stove top stuffing, mix with salsa, put on top of seasoned chicken breasts and bake until cooked. Tada Bruchetta Chicken :smile:

This is my kind of cooking!

Here's my 'couldn't be simpler' recipe for Garlic Chicken:

Melt some butter and add some minced garlic.
    Dip the cutlets in that, then bread crumbs.
    Roll or tuck the ends under and bake.

(I spoon any extra garlic butter over the top to help them get crispy.)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    1/4-1/3 cup each of dijon mustard and honey, add in rosemary or thyme and fresh cracked pepper. Pour over chicken and bake - it's awesome. We like to do it with boneless skinless chicken thighs.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I put a bunch of baby spinach bottom of pan. Like a whole bag. then lay breasts ontop of spinach, put layers of sliced tomato on top. sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic power to taste, and about 1/4 cup of parm cheese enough to coat top and bake. It's yummy.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Also have a few on this board I've tried and all came out great. I suck at cooking in general. https://www.pinterest.com/sadiebrawl/healthy-food/
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I use 1tbsp peanut butter, chillipowder and 200ml chicken stock and simmer to make a tasty sauce and put that over my chicken, rice and veg mmm

What a great and tasty idea!
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My go to us
    Chicken breast, basil, garlic (I use a lot), black pepper, black olives a can of tomatoes. Cover & bake for around 30 minutes. The sauce can be thickened if you like by simmering on the pan but I just serve it with bread or rice as it comes out of the oven. Simple, delicious, and I've made this for 16 people in less than an hour.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    Last night for dinner I took 4 chicken breasts and sliced them up, then fried them with corn and green beans. I then took that and combined it with a couple cans of Campbell's Chunky Chicken, Broccoli & Rice soup, and threw in a handful of cheddar cheese. Poured it into a pan and baked it for 30 minutes.

It fed 8 people and was less than 500 calories per serving.
  • Tadhexum2002
    Tadhexum2002 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Simple...... Chicken breast + salsa + crock pot = 230 calories for 6oz ❤
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    kim60654 wrote: »
    I pound the breasts thin then sautée in Pam/olive oil. Take chicken out of pan and add 1/4 cup of sugar-free raspberry jam and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar to pan. Use spatula to mix for 2 minutes. Reheat chicken in sauce and serve. It is yummy and easy. Can substitute maple syrup for the jam

I do something similar to this but use honey.