Losing weight and constantly nauseous

Options
I thought when you lose weight you're supposed to feel better.

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating? You won't feel good if you're in too large of a calorie deficit.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Maybe the two aren't related. Are you on any medications? Metformin without food can lead to nausea. There are also several medical conditions that cause nausea.
  • darcelchoy
    darcelchoy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating? You won't feel good if you're in too large of a calorie deficit.
    Added you, check out my diary
  • darcelchoy
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Maybe the two aren't related. Are you on any medications? Metformin without food can lead to nausea. There are also several medical conditions that cause nausea.

No medications, I just think it's strange that as I lose weight different things are coming up. Sigh. To the doctor I go.
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    darcelchoy wrote: »

Most days you're eating several hundred, sometimes over 1000, calories less than your goal. And you're surprised you're feeling nauseous?
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I get nauseous when my blood sugar drops. Generally a sign of not having eaten enough to keep me going until the next meal/snack. Maybe try eating more frequently and not having a dramatic deficit.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Most days you're eating several hundred, sometimes over 1000, calories less than your goal. And you're surprised you're feeling nauseous?

No kidding.
  • darcelchoy
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    [quotstille="darcelchoy;any33771624"]

No kidding.[/quote]

Got it! I think I need help with my diet, how to eat more but still eat healthy.
    Any suggestions?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    If you make your diary Public, more people will be able to make meaningful suggestions. You can always make it Private again after this thread is over.
  • DemoraFairy
    edited August 2015
    Options

No kidding.

Got it! I think I need help with my diet, how to eat more but still eat healthy.
    Any suggestions?

You don't necessarily have to make it healthy things, having a bit of 'unhealthy' stuff in your diet won't stop you losing weight.

Eat larger portions of what you're currently eating, eat calorie-dense foods such as nuts, add more condiments to your meals, if you're drinking a lot of water replace some of it with drinks with calories in (juice can have a lot of calories), add in more treats each day. Whatever works for you.

I also agree with making your diary public.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    This isn't a complete or definitive list, but you might find some ideas here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
  • darcelchoy
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    If you make your diary Public, more people will be able to make meaningful suggestions. You can always make it Private again after this thread is over.

Done!

• darcelchoy
    Options

No kidding.

Any suggestions?

You don't necessarily have to make it healthy things, having a bit of 'unhealthy' stuff in your diet won't stop you losing weight.

Eat larger portions of what you're currently eating, eat calorie-dense foods such as nuts, add more condiments to your meals, if you're drinking a lot of water replace some of it with drinks with calories in (juice can have a lot of calories), add in more treats each day. Whatever works for you.

I also agree with making your diary public.

Makes sense. Thank you.
  • darcelchoy
    Options
    This isn't a complete or definitive list, but you might find some ideas here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1

Very very helpful. Thanks so much
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    For only 23 pounds left to lose, you have a very high calorie allowance. How tall are you? What's your Activity Level set at? What do you do for work?
  • Versacam
    Versacam Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    When I feel sick on a diet it's almost always my sodium being too low. I had a quick look and apart from one day your sodium is low.

In the UK we have a calorie free broth called Boullion, do you have anything similar where you are? It's like a chicken/vegetable stock cube you make into a hot drink.
  • Versacam
    Versacam Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I supplement with Magnesium Citrate and Potassium. I'm prone to days of vertigo otherwise..
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,123 Member
    Options

No medications, I just think it's strange that as I lose weight different things are coming up. Sigh. To the doctor I go.

When I started to lose weight one time I got sicker than I had ever been. It had nothing to do with losing weight, I was ill. Hope the doctor can clear things up, or at least eliminate possible causes.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Darcel, congratulations on your weight loss so far!

Since you've lost 27 pounds already--have you been feeling this way all along?

I'm so glad you're going to the doctor for your nausea because it can be from many things other than dieting.

I hope you feel better, and please let us know how it goes.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

No kidding.

Any suggestions?[/quote]

Nothing is 'unhealthy' in small quantities. You don't have to cut anything from your diet. But your diary seems pretty balanced overall.

I'd increase your servings of protein for sure, and maybe have some nuts to increase your fat.