When you don't want to cook......what do you have to eat?

Replies

• c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    When I don't want to cook I take out a dinner plate and fill it 3/4 with raw vegetables and fruits then the last quarter I add some cheese and hummus and maybe some crackers. I do this pretty often and actually love it! I rarely get to finish the entire thing but then I just get to baggie up the leftovers for snacks at work the next day.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Apple slices topped with sunflower butter, baked beans and veggie sticks, or if I'm being naughty (or under on carbs) then a crepe filled with sunflower butter and dark chocolate chunks. I often have cooked chicken and leftover rice on hand as well so I'll toss it in a pan with frozen peas and soy sauce for a 'real meal. '
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited August 2015
    Fridge leftovers, meals I've made earlier and frozen, or something I've picked up at the store. I have a couple of store favorites - Blake's chicken pot pie, Amy's pesto pizza, frozen turbot filets with veg of choice, Trader Joe's palaak paneer.

Very rarely I'll buy sushi for dinner because it's expensive and the place near me is fine, but not all that good.

If you allow stupid-easy cooking, I'll make eggs and toast or Kodiak cakes.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Boiled eggs on toast
    Baked beans on toast
    Salad
    Porridge
    Ready meals - although these would be a very rare thing.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    I am a big fan of Evol frozen burritos.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    eggs, or a ham sandwich or some other kind of sandwich
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Dump spinach/greens in a bowl on the food scale, add deli turkey/thawed shrimp/a can of tuna (any protein I don't need to cook), wedge of laughing cow cheese, if I'm not in a deficit I'll add black beans, salsa, a bit of taco seasoning, tomato if no salsa, 25-50 grams of avocado, cholula chipotle hot sauce.

Or I'll put a bag of frozen veggies in the the microwave, put in a bowl, add a laughing cow cheese or soy sauce.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Depends if it is just me I am feeding when I feel like not cooking, or if I still have to feed kids/husband.

If it's just me - I usually will heat up a frozen single serving of veggies and throw some chicken strips in it, or have hummus, crackers, salami and cheese, or a can of soup, or one of those frozen skillet meals (I eat half and save half for next day lunch).

If I'm still feeding the family we will order pizza, make breakfast for dinner, quesadillas, grilled cheese sandwiches, etc. I keep cooked hamburger in the freezer in 1 lb portions so it is pretty easy to throw that into a jar of marinara and boil some pasta and heat up frozen garlic bread in the toaster oven. Or (gasp) Hamburger Helper. I don't really count any of that as cooking.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Didn't feel like cooking last night. Had some French Onion soup in a bread bowl from Panera and 1/2 of a turkey/avocado sandwich from there as well.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    I like egg sandwiches (eggs, center cut bacon, cheese, on an English muffin). Yes, they do involve cooking, but still simple and quick.

If I truly don't want to cook, I'll do Greek yogurt with fruit and granola.
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    I usually have cooked chicken in the fridge/freezer or those Tyson cooked chicken chunks in the fridge - I cut up tomatoes and onions (onions are sometimes already chopped and in my fridge) and make burritos or I'll make some pasta with chicken and jarred sauce (Classico sauces are my favorites). Pretty much my go-to meals most of the week anyway. Or I have chicken egg rolls/potstickers from the freezer.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Whole wheat toast with almond butter, cinnamon, and banana slices. Better Oats Blueberry Muffin oatmeal with a serving of Almond butter. Greek yogurt with berries and some Kashi go lean tossed in for texture.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    I don't often have time to cook, and I'm not home enough anyway. So I go to restaurants and fast food a lot.

I also use energy bars and protein bars quite often.
  • enkiemonkey
    enkiemonkey Posts: 82 Member
    I live somewhere with lots of delivery options. I tend to order sushi or dumpling soups. Delicious options that fit my calorie plan.

I also tend to keep peaches or bananas in hand so I can snack on them with a big glass of water before ordering food. Because it's super tempting to add in a bunch of other stuff to the order
  • SANCHLI
    SANCHLI Posts: 67 Member
    Its tuna mixed with black beans, corn & salsa with some crackers or tortilla chips.
  • kathdela
    kathdela Posts: 148 Member
    Morningstar Chik patties. Throw 'em in the microwave and done.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    SANCHLI wrote: »
    Its tuna mixed with black beans, corn & salsa with some crackers or tortilla chips.

Tuna is really good with garbanzos, just FYI.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    My go-to is cottage cheese or yogurt and fruit.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Ice cream, lots and lots of ice cream...
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Lean cusines or pre-made salads. I try to get a few a week for days I don't want to cook.
    Or leftovers. We always seem to have some type I can just pop in the microwave.