Need help with insecurities and building Confidence

Options
Hello Hello...
I feel stupid for posting here because well I can't get support from people around me.. idk if this will do any good but I figured it was worth a shot. I have been battling insecurities and confidence issues for about the last 6 months. I don't know what exactly started causing it but I just began picking myself apart. For about the last two months however tho I have really been dedicated to trying to focus on working out and eating right... but I also need to be working from the inside as well... does anyone have advice on how to build confidence back? Or how to conquer your insecurities besides just the normal mumbo-jumbo people tell u to do? I need something to actually stick. So I can continue bettering myself and feeling good about myself.. thanks

Replies

• hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi Belle! What has happened in the last 6 months?
  • m13a
    m13a Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Have you tried therapy yet? I know that may seem obvious but I've found seeing a professional can really be helpful. I'm looking to get back into that myself.
  • whiteblossom14
    whiteblossom14 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi have you tried audible books? I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety from passed problems in my life. There is some really good self help books out there it's just finding the right one for you. When you have no one to talk to about your problems or worries it's really hard to build up your confidence.
    Good luck hope you find help and advice. X
  • northernbelle2
    northernbelle2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    @hamelle2 I had to have some areas taken due to bad skin cells. So I guess that's when I began more of the body shaming... and @m13a I am actually attending it now.. tho it doesn't seem to be helping.. it usually makes me feel worse about myself
  • northernbelle2
    Options
    @repsrequired I never thought of that! I will Def look into that. Thanks :)
  • m13a
    m13a Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @hamelle2 I had to have some areas taken due to bad skin cells. So I guess that's when I began more of the body shaming... and @m13a I am actually attending it now.. tho it doesn't seem to be helping.. it usually makes me feel worse about myself

Is this your first go at therapy? I ask because not all therapists will interact with every person in the same way. It may take time to find the right fit so I definitely suggest shopping around or requesting a change to a different therapist within the same practice if you aren't getting the results you want. A bit of pain can be involved in growing and, with some patience, it can be worth it. But if you feel that you're consistently stuck, I would suggest trying other people out.

• hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you mean by m13a.
    It sounds like this was very traumatic for you. Are these areas visible to others?
  • northernbelle2
    Options
    @hamelle2 that is the other commenters user name. Lol but yes they are visible. I have scars on my back shoulder stomach face and hand
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Maybe have an event with a deadline that you can focus on. Say a race,or a bodybuilding event....something that makes you strive to reach, take part in and then feel good when you accomplish it. I'm a bit bias, but bodybuilding is awesome..as it takes dedication both in the gym and in the kitchen. As you get nearer your goal, people really take notice on how your body changes. When your abs pop or your tricep starts shinning thru...trust me, you'll get noticed. People will comment and your confidence will soar. Then your hooked. Regarding the scars...when you get on stage with your dark tan, the only thing that comes thru is your muscles. I had a really bad sunburn with all kinds of "patches", but look at my pic...you can't tell at all. Good Luck!
  • northernbelle2
    Options
    @TiberiusClaudis that's a great idea :) get me out doing stuff. As for the tan unless it's a spray tanning I can't get one since the scars are from skin cancer biopsy but yes Def have to look into finding an event to try
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Belle! I'm so sorry you feel that terrible about yourself. I really wish that wasn't the case. Everyone has given you such great advice--that's wonderful! My suggestion is a tad different, though. How about volunteering at a local YMCA, a senior home, or serving food at a homeless shelter? Whenever I feel negative about myself, I like to do things for others because it puts things into perspective. You end up seeing how much you're truly appreciated and, at the same time, you're able to help someone else feel loved and valued. Whatever you do, I truly wish you the best and hope you can learn to love yourself because you're awesome!! :)
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you feel insecurity about yourself. I would recommend to go see a professional therapist that would help you to know why you are feeling the way you are feeling. Hope this help and wish you the best
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you've had a tough few months, and the first step for you to begin to feel more confident is to stop beating yourself up about the fact that you're feeling low at the moment. It's just temporary, always remember that things are only permanent if we want them to be. So you can pull yourself out of it :)

As others have suggested, some therapy might do you good, but I also know that it's not for everyone. For me, it was going to join a club, meeting new people and learning something new that really helped pick me back up. It was taekwondo when I was younger, running more recently, but they both helped me socially and physically to regain my lost confidence. So maybe this is something that might work for you? Is there anything you've always wanted to try?