Starting 21 day fix! Add me as a friend if you are doing it as well

Options
I'm starting the 21 day fix. Just did Day 1 today. If anyone else is doing this and wants to add me as a friend we can motivate each other!

I'm trying to kick start a healthier lifestyle, with my sisters upcoming wedding as motivation.

Replies

• chollands29
    chollands29 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bumping....
  • tinabsays
    tinabsays Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi There... me too! Sending you a request now.
  • nicediva007
    nicediva007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm planning it. My shipment is in the mail. I need to add variety to my workouts bad. I own and elliptical and a treadmill and I road run, but my lifestyle prohibits me from getting outside daily so I get stuck on my machines. These videos will help hopefully.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    You can find some great workout videos for free at FitnessBlender.

https://www.fitnessblender.com/

Save a few bucks, and don't get on the mailing list for 'coaches' to sell you overpriced shakes.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    One of my co-workers just got her 21 Day Fix delivered. Lots of little colored tupperware containers, looks like it should work well, just not much food allowed from what I could tell. Good luck to you!
  • dmayb21
    dmayb21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you. I have it I never only completed the 1st week. Even though I've had for at least 2 months. Need a little motivation
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    dmayb21 wrote: »
    I would love to join you. I have it I never only completed the 1st week. Even though I've had for at least 2 months. Need a little motivation

CICO is far more sustainable.
  • nicediva007
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

The 21 day fix is not mutually exclusive with CICO.

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

No, but CICO is free.
  • nicediva007
    Options

No, but CICO is free.

Touché.

And some people have money to burn. I rock CICO every day all day, but I'm totally down to spend some cash to try a new program that keeps me moving, and keeps me motivated. To each his own.

Has anyone else noticed that MFP forms are extremely judgmental? Can we go back to the adage if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all? The OP didn't ask for advice she asked for support system so why does everyone have to be so dang negative? Especially when no one asked.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I would rather spend my extra cash on cheesecake... and rock CICO doing it!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    What are you trying to fix? This nonsense is promising a 3.33 pound per week weight loss. That sounds more like "The 21 Day Scam."

ETA: Wait, my bad. I didn't realize you could dump the food out of the color-coded containers. Totally not a scam!
  • chollands29
    chollands29 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    haha yeah the fix makes it sound as if you do it once and your set for life.

I mainly ordered it because I've found that I have the most success with home workout dvds. This one comes with 7 different 30 minutes exercises so that I can be consistent daily (so I don't quit) and also so I hopefully won't get bored. I have tons of other dvds but I memorize the workouts after a while and then aren't as motivated to do them.

I don't normally combine a hardcore diet with a workout program but I'm prepping for my sisters wedding in a month so figured I would give it a go! we'll see what happens. I generally don't have an issue with portion control but have found using the little containers reminds me to eat a wider variety of food and less processed things that make it hard to quantify with the containers.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender is free and there is a wide range of workout videos.
  • extacymoon
    extacymoon Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have 21 Day fix and it kick started my healthy lifestyle change. I don't get to the workouts every day but am still having success. Whatever makes you healthier then that is what you should do.