What do you do for snacks??

Options
I struggle with the time in brethren meals and not snacking on little things. The problem is if I eat like one cheese stick it just makes me hungrier!!! What do you guys do for snacks???

Replies

• raygen12
    raygen12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Between*
  • Lady_Lyrico
    Lady_Lyrico Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I only have 2 snacks a day, a homemade oat cookie at around 11 am and some fruit at around 3:30pm. If I have enough calories left I might have an additional oat cookie with a cup of coffee after dinner. I seem to be managing on this and not finding that I get too hungry. I have cut sweets out of my eating plan over the last 3 weeks while following a low FODMAP diet to control my IBS symptoms. My diary is open (I think) so feel free to have a look if you want.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese (full fat, it really satisfies me), almonds, yogurt, fruit, veggies, protein shakes
  • brilynn79
    brilynn79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've been eating popcorn lately.
  • smabus51
    smabus51 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yoplait light yogurt
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I need to combine things for my snacks.

Lettuce with cheese (goat, feta, or blue) and vinegar/Dijon mustard dressing
    Greek yogurt and fruit
    Cheese and fruit
    Nuts and fruit (or nut butter and fruit)

But really if I'm hungry enough for a snack, I won't be satisfied with anything under 200 calories (except that goat cheese salad for some odd reason).
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley granola bars, Skinny Cow chocolate truffle ice cream bars, blueberries, banana and peanut butter, fresh fruit and Orville Redenbacher Kettle corn popcorn single serving.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have unsalted dry roasted almonds around 11AM. Around 5PM, it is hummus and vegetables.
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    almonds, fruit, edamame, green juices
  • Nckr66
    Nckr66 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hummus and veg sticks (I find carrots great if I'm hungry), mixed nuts with small amount of dark choc if I have the calories to spare, plain popcorn or fruit. I drink alot of water in between meals too, helps a bit with the cravings.
  • tyediri
    tyediri Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I usually have a satsuma after breakfast, before I start getting hungry and another just after lunch. They don't pack a lot of calories and does nothing if I have them when I am hungry, but it I have them when I am no longer feeling full but just before the hunger starts, it seems to help delay the hunger.
    I also have a banana and a home made granola bar, 1 just before I finish work as a pre-workout snack and the other at some point during the day when I feel hungry (usually before lunch).
    I also sip peppermint tea in the afternoon after lunch so it feels like I am "snacking", but they have no calories at all.
    If you don't like herbal tea you could have black coffee or diet coke (although these aren't really healthy options) as they contain zero calories.
    I have to add though that it took me awhile to figure out the snacks/timings that worked for me to keep the hunger at bay. I had to experiment with different snacks and timings to figure out a snacking plan within my calorie goal. :)
    Good luck!
  • mejod6
    mejod6 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Here are some snacking suggestions that I like:
    1)Green bell peppers with some greek yogurt
    2) A small serving of fruit
    3) A cup of green tea or a large glass of lemon water
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    i find that eating no sugar added pickles satisfies my need to chew something...
  • eniola2
    eniola2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mixed un salted nuts does the tricks. Like 1 cup
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    many of the things above, protein drinks, corned beef, and turkey jerky
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fruit, nuts, and seeds. occasionally I'll have a yogurt or some beef jerky, etc. I rarely have cheese as I love dairy and once I get going I'll plow through 1/2 Lb of good cheddar without blinking.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    For under 200 calories, I find this really filling and yummy. Add nuts to make it more substantial:

681046618e461c7d5646f53473770912.png

I find this really filling due to the oats. I let the yogurt "cook" the oats for an hour or so before I eat it:

528fcdcc38c5a69c76078e68e3536478.png
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I just had a big serving of nonfat plain Faje Greek yogurt with a bit of stevia and a peach mixed in. Delicious, filling, and only 170 calories.
  • barbi_jean
    barbi_jean Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, pistachios, fruit