Help Wanted!!

Options
I've been on a 1200 cal diet since mid Jan. I was 155 lbs at 5'3. I'm currently 132 lbs and would like to lose 10 more lbs but the past two weeks I feel light headed at times and have zero energy to workout. I eat around 300 cal meals for breakfast and lunch then I eat literally like 1,000 cal for dinner. Any suggestions on how I can get back to 1200 cal a day and feel normal? I'm gonna try 1400 cal tomorrow and see if I feel any better. Thanks in advance for informative comments!!

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Since you only have 21 pounds to lose, I would say your goals should be set for a half pound a week. Since you have so little to lose, it will not come off quickly anyway.

How you eat is fine as long as you stay in your calorie goals, but.....

You say you've been lightheaded and dizzy and have lost energy for your workouts the last few weeks. How long is a "few" weeks? It could be anything, and you might want to call your doctor if you continue feeling lightheaded and dizzy, but just make sure you are eating to fuel your body, which would include eating back part of your cardio calories in addition to the number MFP gives you.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Are you/ have you been eating back any of your exercise calories? You may want to start doing that. Like upping calories to 1400 it may slow your loss, but being dizzy is a lot worse.
    The last 10 lb are slow, don't give up- the scale will move. Half a pound a week or even less is quite normal.

Cheers, h.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    So here's what I think is happening. Early on you had enough fat on you to sustain that low of calories. Now that you've lost a bunch of fat, your body doesn't have reserves left to turn to to fuel your workouts. I'd change your MFP settings to 0.5 lbs per week loss, and then eat back at least half of your exercise calories. If that doesn't help, see the doctor.
  • dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the feedback. Yes, I've been eating back my exercise calories. I'm gonna try the 1400 cal and hopefully I'll feel well enough to get a 30min HIIT session in. I'm also going to change my goal to 0.5lbs per week.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    dougl004 wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the feedback. Yes, I've been eating back my exercise calories. I'm gonna try the 1400 cal and hopefully I'll feel well enough to get a 30min HIIT session in. I'm also going to change my goal to 0.5lbs per week.

You do know that should be net 1400 calories, correct? In other words, you need to eat some of these exercise calories back.
  • dougl004
    Options

You do know that should be net 1400 calories, correct? In other words, you need to eat some of these exercise calories back. [/quote]

Thanks for this info.
  • dougl004
    Options
    I ate 2000 cal today and feel like a new woman. I didn't eat the healthiest but I do have more energy. I've ran 2 miles and plan to do a HIIT session too. I'm aiming for 1600 cal tomorrow
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    dougl004 wrote: »
    I ate 2000 cal today and feel like a new woman. I didn't eat the healthiest but I do have more energy. I've ran 2 miles and plan to do a HIIT session too. I'm aiming for 1600 cal tomorrow

Good job!