What time of the day should I weigh myself?

Options
Garae
Garae Posts: 116 Member
The morning is when I'm lightest, but would that be an accurate time to do it?

Replies

• wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Your measuring difference from one weighing to the next.

Its more important weigh at the same time than the time itself.
  • barbacasec
    barbacasec Posts: 106
    Options
    it doesnt really matter - as long as you always weigh yourself at the same time.
    if you pick the afternoon- always weigh your self in the afternoon.
    if you do mornings always do mornings
    I however like to do Monday mornings as soon as I get up - before I eat or drink anything...
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    i do it in the morning between 9:30-10am after i use the bathroom and before i eat breakfast. Its accurate if you do it at the same time everytime
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Wake up go potty get on scale (nakey)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning after I go to the bathroom and before I eat or drink anything. That's because what and when I eat throughout the day may not be nearly as consistent and that's what we want to measure. If you choose to weigh yourself after work, but that day you had lots of snacks when last time you didn't really have time to eat, you're more weighing the difference of what is in your body rather than what you "actually" weigh.
  • Garae
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will try to keep it consistent!
  • Garae
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will try to keep it consistent!
  • jdionew
    jdionew Posts: 1
    Options
    As everyone has stated previous, it's best to be consistent on the time of day. I've been told to weigh yourself in the evenings before dinner. You will weigh less in the morning but that is due to fasting and dehydration. Weighing yourself in the morning is not an accurate representation of what you weigh.
  • Rawrbyn
    Rawrbyn Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The most accurate time is right after you wake up. If you do it in the afternoon, you'll have food in your belly, plus water weight from moving around all day. Think of it as a fresh start when you first wake up.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Wake up go potty get on scale (nakey)
    That's my routine once a week. It's all about consistency.