Keeping up with this is hard

Options
i never though that keeping up with this and looking at everything I eat would be this hard!

Replies

• jmoya0405
    jmoya0405 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    In the beginning it is a little difficult because of the change of diet it was for me as well. It took me a few weeks before it started getting easier. It's a lifestyle change so your not only retraining you body but also your mind. Add me if you like, I'll be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    If it was easy, everyone would be at a healthy weight. It is worth it though. Keep plugging along. And it does get easier. Best of luck!
  • ke1by
    ke1by Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Look at it as not being hard, but the more you practice the easier it will get. Planning will make it easier. I plan the day before so when I wake up I know what my intake for the day will be before I start the day. Does that make sense? Let me know what you think. Stay positive!
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    It gets easier. Just be honest about it.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    As the results have started becoming more obvious, it hasn't seemed quite so challenging.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Once you build a small databse of items up, then jus copy your meals from previous entries and adjust as needed.
  • nicjbar73
    nicjbar73 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    im in week 9 here,15 lbs down. bp&bs all within normal range now. i know it seems rough starting out. u have to document EVERYTHING;) but remember that u probably NEVER read a label or planned any meals before, so now its crunchtime! within just a few weeks ull have a inventory built up to pick from & it will become a habit, which is good;) take it slowly & start doing what ur comfortable with, so u can stick to it! u will make other changes as u go, good luck & keep ur head above it! u can add me
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    It isn't really that hard if you put things into perspective. There are much harder things in life. Now hard is when you have to make the decision to take someone you love off of life support. Hard is being in a hospital for months with a disease you won't recover from. Hard is going through life in a wheelchair unable to care for yourself. Hard is climbing to the top of Everest.

Weighing measuring and logging is a habit that takes time to form. But it really isn't all that hard.
  • panchito001
    panchito001 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    TnTWalter wrote: »
    If it was easy, everyone would be at a healthy weight. It is worth it though. Keep plugging along. And it does get easier. Best of luck!

True I didn't see it that way!
  • panchito001
    Options
    ke1by wrote: »
    Look at it as not being hard, but the more you practice the easier it will get. Planning will make it easier. I plan the day before so when I wake up I know what my intake for the day will be before I start the day. Does that make sense? Let me know what you think. Stay positive!

Yeah planning would make things south easier that's for sure
  • panchito001
    Options
    It gets easier. Just be honest about it.

Lol!! You have a good point I like that!
  • panchito001
    Options
    nicjbar73 wrote: »
    im in week 9 here,15 lbs down. bp&bs all within normal range now. i know it seems rough starting out. u have to document EVERYTHING;) but remember that u probably NEVER read a label or planned any meals before, so now its crunchtime! within just a few weeks ull have a inventory built up to pick from & it will become a habit, which is good;) take it slowly & start doing what ur comfortable with, so u can stick to it! u will make other changes as u go, good luck & keep ur head above it! u can add me

Thanks for the advise!
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    It is hard, that's what's going to make it so worthwhile. You'll be able to look back on it and be amazed at what you accomplished.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Yes it's hard, which is why this is one of my fav quotes:
    Losing weight is hard.
    Maintaining weight is hard.
    Staying overweight is hard.
    Choose your hard.