Flat butt almost NON EXISTANT NOW!! :(

Options
I have always had a flat butt and hated it...now that I've lost so much weight its almost NON EXISTANT and I am freaking out! What can I do?! I want a butt!!!

Replies

• AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Strong Curves, it is a weightlifting program with its attention on the glutes.

ETA: from the author's website:
    http://bretcontreras.com/testimonials/
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Are you squatting with heavy weights on your back traps?
    I didn't have a butt for a long time but squatting fixed it.
  • imn0tlykeher
    imn0tlykeher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    No, I haven't been working out at all. I'm going to start working out hardcore sept. 1st, Ive got 2 months and my husband will be home.
  • winterandkira
    winterandkira Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great news for you bc now that it sounds Ike you have cut the fat you can build up your glute muscles!! It hard work but you need not feel hopeless or get implants! Your halfway there already. Don't give up. Many people are still trying to cut weight. Heavy weighted squats, deadlifts and lunges will take you where you want to go! Good luck!
  • imn0tlykeher
    imn0tlykeher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Im gonna give it a go! I hate squats but somethings gotta give!
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    squat squat squat squat squat
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

And hip thrust hip thrust hip thrust!

... (and not just with your husband. But also with heavy weights - use a pad so you don't bruise your hips)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »

And hip thrust hip thrust hip thrust!

... (and not just with your husband. But also with heavy weights - use a pad so you don't bruise your hips)

and don't forget various forms of lunges!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,608 Member
    Options
    I had big glutes when I used to speed skate. Take up skating or roller blading. If you look at bodies of figure skaters, you'll notice they have big glutes too.
  • NatalieVintagious
    NatalieVintagious Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you with the flat butt thing. I hate it! I am incorporating exercises from Strong Curves as a poster above said - the author, Bret Contreras is called 'The Butt Man' I am also using a Kettlebell as that is supposed to really engage the posterior chain of muscles. Good luck!
  • NatalieVintagious
    NatalieVintagious Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just to add- I also hate squats. I am bio mechanically crap at them due to my legs being longer. I have heard that they are definitely not 100% necessary if you work hard on other exercises xx
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    As well as squats, you could try doing leg bridges (google it) and, I'm not sure what they are called, but you position yourself on all-fours and slowly lift your leg up behind you so your knee is above the level of your butt. Do 15 on each leg and then swap legs.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I don't like squats but I do them for the results. There are many variations to try. If you don't like back squats, try front squats, heavy goblets squats, Zerchers, etc.

But yes, I suggest Strong Curves. Keep in mind that your best results will come while eating at maintenance or above. You can certainly do it on a deficit but you're not going to see a lot of growth.
  • arb037
    arb037 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges with heavy weight by far will yeild you the best results for awesome glutes.
  • dlm7507
    dlm7507 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Google "Bret Contreras glute guy".
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    agree with the Bret Contreras people.
    I have never had a butt, still not anything to brag about, but it has gotten better. Weighted hip thrusters are my go to favorite exercise right now
  • JenWall2
    JenWall2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Squat with barbell, hip thrusts, glute bridges, lunges... I had a flat booty before lifting weights and its solved that problem completely!!
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Stiff leg deadlifts

Get a few good videos or ask a trainer

It will put the bubble on you and make you hate going down steps

I had no butt

No longer the case

Gf seems to have a new respect for how well stuff leg deadlifts work!

• _sambamm
    _sambamm Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    heavy squats and deadlifts with some leg accessory work (like bb hip thrust, cable kickbacks, db split squat etc) should help build up those glutes and hammies.