Losing weight/fat lower body

Options
Splasheh
Splasheh Posts: 30 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello,

I've been going to the gym for the past few months now. Not counted my calories, just ate better. Dropped a dress size down to a UK 12 :)

But getting my lower part of my body slimmer is proving difficult. I go on holiday on 22nd September (not a lot of time, I know) so trying to lose a lil' bit more for that. I have love handles and quite big thighs that won't budge. ATM at the gym I have been doing walking at around 5.5km with an incline of 2 then 5 then 7 then 9 and repeat for half an hour then I go on the bike for 10-15. I know this isn't enough time there, I go before work and need to start going in earlier (which is hard :o

If anyone could give me some tips to slim down my thighs and lose the love handles I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. The fat comes off where your genes tell it to.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Just keep removing body fat by staying under your calorie goal.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    No way to specifically lose fat in one area. Your body will lose it wherever it wants to.

Just keep dropping fat by eating at a calorie deficit and working out...eventually it will come off.
  • Splasheh
    Splasheh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Oh right, thanks guys. I suppose I will start doing leg workouts then just to improve. Thanks for your replies. :#
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem...for me it seems like I'm losing weight just below my stomach,above my stomach and a little bit in my back. Everywhere but my lower belly.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Try googling amentum. It's a pad of fat that women naturally have.