Down 40lbs in 11wks

Options
bpaolina
bpaolina Posts: 36 Member
This app is a life changer! I'm 27 and started on June 8th, 2015 at 285lbs. Now 11wks later I'm now 245lbs and haven't been in the 240's since high school. My goal is 5lbs at a time until I get to where I feel I'm healthy! I've never felt so good. You all are a true inspiration to me and I hope I can inspire others also! Keep up the good work everyone! #MFP44ysc2lthbou.jpg

Replies

• GreatSc0tt_
    GreatSc0tt_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    wow.. that is great. What did u do for diet and exercise?
  • KikiBerry
    KikiBerry Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Wow - great job. I like the 5 lbs at a time approach.
  • bpaolina
    Options

Diet: 1500 calories a day for 6 weeks then 1200 for the next 6. I watch fat, sugar, and sodium very closely. I am try to shed a lot of extra fat. I do oatmeal, eggs, lean meats, small amounts of fruit, lots of veggies!, and core power protein drinks.

I don't use any supplements other than multivitamins.

Exercise: 25 minutes of cardio M T Th & F
    45 minutes on Wed with ab workouts

M - chest
    T - back and biceps
    Th - legs
    F - shoulders and triceps

It's all about what works for you! Just be active and make healthy choices.

No cheat days! But if you have a day that your diet slip, still log it in! I've logged in 74 days straight today. That's keeps me on track.

Hope this helps...
  • bpaolina
    Options
    NextPage wrote: »
    Wow - great job. I like the 5 lbs at a time approach.

It makes it so much easier to not get discouraged!
    I want to lose another 40lbs but that seems like a lot at times... Every time I get on the treadmill I just think 5 more lbs 5 more lbs lol
  • Superdave24
    Superdave24 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, Great job. Consistency works. Your correct about the NO cheat days and even if you do have some weak moments still log it, I do. It holds you accountable. Keep up the good work. Good luck.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! :) We kind of have a similar regimen, I have 2 leg days, back/bi, chest/shoulders/tris and then I have an 45-60 minute run on the weekend, a 45-55 minute run during the week and maybe a 30-40 minute run when I'm at the gym during the week too. I haven't been such awesome losses though so keep it up!! :) I think I just need to tweak my diet. Lol
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    AWESOME :-)
  • GreatSc0tt_
    GreatSc0tt_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bpaolina wrote: »

Diet: 1500 calories a day for 6 weeks then 1200 for the next 6. I watch fat, sugar, and sodium very closely. I am try to shed a lot of extra fat. I do oatmeal, eggs, lean meats, small amounts of fruit, lots of veggies!, and core power protein drinks.

M - chest
    T - back and biceps
    Th - legs

No cheat days! But if you have a day that your diet slip, still log it in! I've logged in 74 days straight today. That's keeps me on track.

Hope this helps...

This is great stuff. Thank you.

I am starting at the gym sept 1st. With the diet i dont think i could bring myself to only eat 1200 cals.. I think i could do 1500 cals.

Thanks again
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    1500 and then 1200 cals a day for a guy of your size??? Good luck with building back the muscle you are losing now again......
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

M - chest
    T - back and biceps
    Th - legs

Hope this helps...

Are you continuing with 1200? That's below the recommended amount for men. That's less than what I eat and I'm only 5"2! You can eat more and still be in a deficit. The winner is the person who gets to eat the most and still lose weight
  • Trishfitz78
    Trishfitz78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    1500 and then 1200 cals a day for a guy of your size??? Good luck with building back the muscle you are losing now again......

That's really not very constructive......
  • bpaolina
    Options

I appreciate the concern. I eat a lot of food and am not hungry. I eat a lot of protein and enough fat/carbs to keep from losing muscle. I choose my calories wisely. It's all about what works for you.

I have actually been gaining muscle and strength.
  • astrampe
    Options

That's really not very constructive......
    So he should get a pat on the back? Sorry - 1200 calories for a guy is below MFP (and general health standards) - and not healthy, so I am not going to tell him it is going to be all rainbows and unicorns....

• BronxBStanfield
    BronxBStanfield Posts: 34 Member
    Options

I appreciate the concern. I eat a lot of food and am not hungry. I eat a lot of protein and enough fat/carbs to keep from losing muscle. I choose my calories wisely. It's all about what works for you.

First....Congrats on the loss! :) That's awesome!

You can't gain muscle on a deficit. It's science. However, if you are eating a good ratio of protein/carbs/fats like you are, you can definitely make strength gains. Sometimes people confuse that with muscle gain. Either way, you're doing great. :)
  • astrampe
    Options

It's your body....But it is also a fact that although you might have gained some strength, there is NO WAY you gained ANY muscle while eating 1500/1200 calories.....
  • bpaolina
    Options
    Hey everyone! I don't like the direction this going. I just posted this to be positive :) I appreciate all advice and criticism and knowledge anyone can share! I'm no health expert but I'm just doing my thing and will adjust as I learn.

Thanks for anything you want to share :)
  • bpaolina
    Options
    _YourLoss_ wrote: »

First....Congrats on the loss! :) That's awesome!

You can't gain muscle on a deficit. It's science. However, if you are eating a good ratio of protein/carbs/fats like you are, you can definitely make strength gains. Sometimes people confuse that with muscle gain. Either way, you're doing great. :)

Thank you for your info and positivity!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I don't like the direction this going. I just posted this to be positive :) I appreciate all advice and criticism and knowledge anyone can share! I'm no health expert but I'm just doing my thing and will adjust as I learn.

Thanks for anything you want to share :)

They're just trying to inform you so you can make wiser choices.

The MINIMUM recommended amount of calories for a guy is 1500 calories. That allows you enough calories to get adequate nutrition for your body to perform its basic functions (breathing, digestion, etc.). Eating below 1500 is not healthy and can cause you to lose muscle mass.

As for the gaining muscle: highly unlikely. To build muscle, you need something to build it out of. Eating in a deficit (which is required to lose weight) does not give your body the "something" (AKA calories) it needs to build muscle. Your body needs an excess of calories to build muscle, which is why people bulk when they want to build muscle. You may be looking leaner and like you're growing muscles, but this can be attributed to the loss of fat. When you have less fat on top of your muscles, you look like you have more muscle.

Congrats on your loss so far.
  • bpaolina
    Options
    Any suggestions on nutrition?

Calories? protein/carb/fat ratio?

I'm 6ft 245lbs

Just want to be a healthy 27 year old and lose the extra fat I'm carrying...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!