• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    anamibell wrote: »
    swirlybee wrote: »
    nutritional yeast
    hot sauce (Salsa Amor brand)
    salt and vinegar seasoning
    furikake (Japanese seasoning usually added to white rice)

!!!
    I really like vinegar on popcorn too , it's fun experiment with different vinegars too

This is interesting to me. I never thought of it...

Also, a question about nutritional yeast-what is it like? I almost picked it up at the store but I did see that a serving is about 70 calories and I wasn't really looking to add that many to my popcorn. If it is really amazing though, I'd be down. I just can't even imagine what it is like.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    kristydi wrote: »
    nutritional yeast

Oh, I've never seen salt and vinegar seasoning. I need to see if I can find it. Sounds awesome. I love salt and vinegar chips and a local burger place uses it on their hand cut fries.

A whole ago I found some bagged popcorn that was kettle corn coated with cocoa powder. I loved it and have never been able to find it again. I keep trying to replicate it at home, but have really had much success.

If you have a Buffalo Wild Wings in your town they sell bottles there. It also contains pepper.....
  • anamibell
    anamibell Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    nutritional yeast

Oh, I've never seen salt and vinegar seasoning. I need to see if I can find it. Sounds awesome. I love salt and vinegar chips and a local burger place uses it on their hand cut fries.

A whole ago I found some bagged popcorn that was kettle corn coated with cocoa powder. I loved it and have never been able to find it again. I keep trying to replicate it at home, but have really had much success.

For cocoa powder I like to put popcorn in a container with cocoa powder and shake it up
    It doesn't really stick.... But it's still good !
  • anamibell
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Salt and paprika
    or
    Sugar and cinnamon

Cinnamond and sugar sounds soo good !!!
  • TeaBea
    edited August 2015
    Options
    nutritional yeast

For cocoa powder I like to put popcorn in a container with cocoa powder and shake it up
    It doesn't really stick.... But it's still good !

Moisture makes toppings stick. I use a microwave popper with a teaspoon of oil......fine ground seasonings will stick. I have some Kernel's Kettle Corn seasoning....I might try adding cocoa powder to it (?)

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray (refrigerated aisle) would help too. It's a pump, so it doesn't have a nasty aerosol "flavor."
  • arditarose
    Options
    Are you guys using unsweetened cocoa powder? I'm not imagining this tasting that great on popcorn without a sweetener.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Melted butter and sriracha...or any hot sauce I have handy. Cholula and Franks are both winners!
    Grated Parmesan
    Butter and salt
    Chili powder
    Cumin and celery salt, sounds weird, but it's good!
  • TeaBea
    edited August 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Are you guys using unsweetened cocoa powder? I'm not imagining this tasting that great on popcorn without a sweetener.

Good point - you're right. Cocoa powder (or cinnamon) by itself won't be very good. A kettle corn seasoning would have some sugar in it, so it would work if I found the right balance.

Cumin & celery salt.....I like both. It's worth a shot.
  • KimmyKicksAss
    KimmyKicksAss Posts: 60 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    nutritional yeast

!!!
    I really like vinegar on popcorn too , it's fun experiment with different vinegars too

This is interesting to me. I never thought of it...

Also, a question about nutritional yeast-what is it like? I almost picked it up at the store but I did see that a serving is about 70 calories and I wasn't really looking to add that many to my popcorn. If it is really amazing though, I'd be down. I just can't even imagine what it is like.

It taste almost like cheese. Savory and salty in flavor...like a cheese. I don't know how else to describe it. Mine comes in flakey form. I bought it as soon as I realize my diet was very low in B-12.

I like my popcorn with nutritional yeast and SMOKED paprika. OR Ranch powder and SMOKED paprika again. Something about the smokiness I guess.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Also, a question about nutritional yeast-what is it like? I almost picked it up at the store but I did see that a serving is about 70 calories and I wasn't really looking to add that many to my popcorn. If it is really amazing though, I'd be down. I just can't even imagine what it is like.[/quote]

It taste almost like cheese. Savory and salty in flavor...like a cheese. I don't know how else to describe it. Mine comes in flakey form. I bought it as soon as I realize my diet was very low in B-12.

I like my popcorn with nutritional yeast and SMOKED paprika. OR Ranch powder and SMOKED paprika again. Something about the smokiness I guess.[/quote]

Do you find you need the full serving size? I forget what it is, but about 70 calories worth?
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Chipolte Powder
  • UrnAsh_84
    UrnAsh_84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    "Popcorn is healthy ... If you pop it and season it right !"

How do you flavor your popcorn ? :)

I use cocoa powder and sweet plum powder

That sounds good. Yum!

I can it eat plain or I'll add a little bit of salt since I don't like butter.
  • anamibell
    Options
    Taco seasoning, cholula chipotle hot sauce (sometimes melted with laughing cow cheese but it doesn't work that well), st. lucifers spicy seasoning. I'm open to new toppers. There are a lot of threads on this topic though.

I tried melting cheese on top too , but it doesn't really make its way to the ones at the bottom though ^^;
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options

Got mine from Amazon url="http://www.amazon.com/Gourmet-Fries-Seasonings-Bottle-Vinegar/dp/B005SSM64W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440706563&sr=8-1&keywords=salt+vinegar+seasoning&pebp=1440706564654&perid=0NDR317QYXNYQK6X286R"]link here[/url but as mentioned upthread, you can get it from Buffalo Wild Wings.
    It's the main ingredient for making a copycat Doritos.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    what is sweet plum?
  • anamibell
    Options

I like cocoa and cinnamon as it is :)
  • anamibell
    Options
    what is sweet plum?

It's dried preserved plum grinded up into powder (:
    Sweet and sour
  • anamibell
    Options

It's the main ingredient for making a copycat Doritos.
    [/quote]

Lol copycat Doritos
  • anamibell
    Options
    EAsh84 wrote: »
    "Popcorn is healthy ... If you pop it and season it right !"

How do you flavor your popcorn ? :)

I use cocoa powder and sweet plum powder

That sounds good. Yum!

I can it eat plain or I'll add a little bit of salt since I don't like butter.

I like it plain too , but the plainness nature of popcorn probably allows it to take on amazing flavors :D