I need help getting this mission accomplished...

Options
Ang_from_Colorado
Ang_from_Colorado Posts: 55 Member
edited August 2015 in Getting Started
I have a goal to lose 35 lbs and I have no idea where to start. I've cut back on sugars and soda a lot but I haven't gotten any better with my eating. How did you all get started on the right track? What did you do first to eat better and incorporate exercise?

I could also use some friends to help keep me motivated :wink:

Replies

• 5midlohoos
    5midlohoos Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also had to lose 35 and now I'm down 15 with 20 to go! My success is definitely due to fixing my diet and moving more! I'll send u a friend request! Good luck!
  • cbdutton111
    cbdutton111 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 20 lbs and would love to have a support buddy! Will send you a request too!!
  • Ang_from_Colorado
    Ang_from_Colorado Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'd love to have some help holding myself accountable. 5midlohoos how did you "fix" your diet?

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Read the stickies at the top of the boards and this is also a good thread. Shows how it does not have to be complicated at all: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10241191/success-by-eating-what-you-want/p1
  • 5midlohoos
    5midlohoos Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    First I fixed my blood sugar problems by eating no more than 25g carbs per meal(that stopped my sugar cravings). Then I eat 5 meals per day so before I get too hungry and overeat, I fuel my body. Also I try to get protein and fiber every meal especially breakfast. Last I try to eat as little processed food as possible although I do eat and love Quest bars and Premier protein shakes (they help my sweet tooth). I've lost 1.5-2 pounds per week for almost two months.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You've cut back on sugar and soda so you're ALREADY better at your eating - give yourself some credit! :)
    Carry on eating less of the bad stuff and more of the good - and get exercising. You'll notice a different in no time.
  • brie_don44
    brie_don44 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm still pretty new to this, if you are still looking for support buddies, please add me! I need to loose a bit over 100lbs and so far the support im finidng on here is very encouraging! I'm finding the food diary VERY helpful in realizing just what in my diet I DON'T need and just how many calories I waste on those items. I've been trying to cut out my munchies throughout the day with healthier foods; fruits, veggies, and for those must have crunchy items I like the quaker oats rice cakes (most of the generics are pretty good too). I aim for 2-3 light snacks a day. Hopefully things are going well for you!
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want