Healthy Low Carb Low Sugar Protein Bars/Shakes?

Options
Looking for a low carb low sugar paleo shake/bar.
The least ingredients possible.
Everything I am finding has horrible ingredients!
Tell me what is up?

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Isn't the whole shake/bar/convenience thing the antithesis of paleo?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Isn't the whole shake/bar/convenience thing the antithesis of paleo?

That's what I thought too :huh:
  • smaverick010
    smaverick010 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well there are several that claim to be....I'm not paleo but i would love too find something for fast meal replacement that is on the healthier side
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Well there are several that claim to be....I'm not paleo but i would love too find something for fast meal replacement that is on the healthier side

How does a food item being paleo make it healthier?
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    4 ounces strawberries, 2 ounces blueberries, one scoop vanilla protein powder, 60 g Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup almond milk.
  • smaverick010
    Options
    Well it probably doesnt always but from what I've seen paleo tends to be just the basics and super limited on ingredients so for me that would cut out some of the crap in the normal bars and shakes I see.
  • smaverick010
    Options
    I've never tried 'em, but Steve's Paleobar just might be what you're looking for. I've tried their regular granola bars, and they're delicious. Two Moms In The Raw, WB Kitchen, and Earthling Organics also make snack bars that are paleo, but I wouldn't say they have much protein...
    Quest bars!! Here is a blog with some recipes with quest bars in them :)http://pbandrae.com/?s=quest

Quest bars are the polar opposite of paleo.
    Exactly what i was looking for Thanks!!!

• gabrielsaucedo21
    gabrielsaucedo21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Quest bars!! Chocolate chip
  • mds60605
    mds60605 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Check out JJVirgin.com. She is a leading nutritionist and has a Paleo-friendly protein powder (it's animal-protein based). She also has plant-based protein powders for those of us (like me) who are allergic to dairy/whey.

She does have bars, too, but I do not know if they are paleo friendly or not.

Her products are very low sugar, low food-sensitivity ingredients, and they are definitely the best-tasting plant-based protein I've tried (most of them taste like eating a lawn, to me!)

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Also take a look at Keto bars (www.ketobars.com). Delicious with no crappy ingredients!