Looking for Vegan Encouragement

Options
Hi, my name is Krissy. I need to lose 60 to 70 lbs. I used to be vegan but went back to eating meat. I want to be vegan again and the rough part is getting started! I felt better and was 60 lbs lighter as a vegan. I definitely ate healthier versus when I am not. Looking for some friends to offer encouragement on my journey!!!!!!!

Replies

• johanna0528
    johanna0528 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, Krissy! I'm not vegan, but I am very supportive of the lifestyle and would be happy to be your cheerleader! :smile:
    I'm studying nutrition and dietetics, and a friend of mine teaches plant-based cooking classes. So, I love learning more and more ways to incorporate vegetables and various grains in people's diets! Feel free to add me, if you'd like!
  • Krissy252
    Krissy252 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks Johanna, I haven't started yet. I am thinking after my birthday. I don't cook nor do I care for raw veggies but when I was vegan before I lost the taste for cheese after 9 months. Thanks for your support. I need it!
  • Krissy252
    Krissy252 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan now since January 4th, woohoo
  • KaelaGibbons
    KaelaGibbons Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I've been mostly vegan for going on six years. It's all about finding the dishes that you like and what works for you. I don't cook either. I do like raw veg though. You can also prepare things ahead of time and eat them throughout the week. I don't know where you are living but we have some great farmer's markets here. There are also a lot of places that make vegan versions of things or are just naturally vegan. Thai food, Mexican (without the dairy), Japanese, Indian, lots of options. Congrats on your fifth month vegan!