1 month challenge to lose 10 pounds

Options
Hi, everybody
Anybody going to join with me to lose 10 pounds by the end of September.

Replies

• candy19132
    candy19132 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm down
  • babymeow13
    babymeow13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm already on the mission!!!
  • ruthzis
    ruthzis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Am up for it
  • SimonT181
    SimonT181 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Put me down
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Already trying lol....☺
  • ri228
    ri228 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Count me! :) Do we have to post here?
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I did it twice already (June and July), and I'm not up for it again. It was hard and by August I just wanted to up my calories. I'm now at a 1.5lb/week pace and I'm going to continue that for a while until I decide to go to 1lb/week.

Good luck!
  • Tess_Christine
    Tess_Christine Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm down but if I'm down I need support! I'm not good at knowing how to lose weight! I'm going into this weight loss blinde! Help!!!

But I'm definitely down! This mama needs to get her body back!
  • Nancydsouza
    Nancydsouza Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am in.
  • thankful85
    thankful85 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    In
  • coachxxxl
    coachxxxl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sign me up!! Where and do we post our results so we can all see?
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge!
  • SimonT181
    SimonT181 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Should Make a group "1 Month 10 Pounds" of cause don't think it's best to try and loose 10 pounds every month but it sure is a good kick start or reboot
  • cwilso37
    cwilso37 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Not to be a wet blanket, but I am going to be a wet blanket. There is a reason why mfp only allows 2 lb a week loss. It is typically the highest amount to safely lose weight. That is only for people with a lot of weight to lose. Half the people that have said "in" have less than 30 lbs to lose. This is not smart or sustainable.

If you are just starting out then you can lose this in water weight but that isn't truly losing weight.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    cwilso37 wrote: »
    Not to be a wet blanket, but I am going to be a wet blanket. There is a reason why mfp only allows 2 lb a week loss. It is typically the highest amount to safely lose weight. That is only for people with a lot of weight to lose. Half the people that have said "in" have less than 30 lbs to lose. This is not smart or sustainable.

If you are just starting out then you can lose this in water weight but that isn't truly losing weight.

Not that I disagree with a lot of what you're saying, but for just one month I don't think it's that bad. Just don't plan on setting the world on fire in the gym or on the track this month.
  • Tess_Christine
    Tess_Christine Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ib have 100 lbs to go ... I need it!! BTW ... is a cup of coffee with 2tbs vanilla creamer gonna ruin the plan?
  • cwilso37
    cwilso37 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    cwilso37 wrote: »

Not that I disagree with a lot of what you're saying, but for just one month I don't think it's that bad. Just don't plan on setting the world on fire in the gym or on the track this month.

I can not comment on any form of health effects (what I assume you mean by bad). I can say it promotes unhealthy ideas of weight loss across all weights. To accomplish this challenge (assuming not losing initial water weight), most would have to severely under eat to create the caloric deficit large enough. This says nothing of the negative side effects mentally when a person is unable to meet the challenge.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Ugh, that would put me at ~1250 cals a day....
    More power to you folks.......
  • sashajasmin
    sashajasmin Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks for joining with me my dear friends, let's do it all together. I want keep my goals short, that's why i said 10 lbs for end of September. let's try to happen it.
  • sashajasmin
    sashajasmin Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Dear friends I created "one month challenge to lose 10 pounds" group, I sent a request to all of u to join in that group, so we will stick together.