13»

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    OP ask for help.
    OP given great help.
    OP doesn't like the advice and knows everything.

OP good luck. B)

Welcome to MFP.
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi Carla,

Let's look at a couple of things ...
    • Your daily calorie intake, you're averaging about 1650 per day.
    • Your intentional daily cardio exercise (nice job with all the swimming and walking, by the way - you're doing it right!) MFP is giving you an average of about 500 calories per day.
    • I'm afraid I'm going to agree with all those who have been telling you to ignore the calorie burn from daily chores and such ... even though I admit to logging a burn from mowing my lawn.
    • Everyone gets the same advice here on MFP, and that is to only eat back a maximum of half the calories MFP gives you for exercise. I whole-heartedly agree with this advice and I suggest you do the same.
    • Putting those number together (1650-250), you get a net calorie intake of about 1400 per day.
    • If you're not losing weight at that number, which you are not, then cut back to 1300 per day at your current activity level (only eating back half the calories you get from intentional cardio exercise) and see what happens.

It's all just math.
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi Carla,

I just wanted to add something to my already too-long post above. I know you're not strictly using MFP estimates for calorie burn, but even the HRM is a shoddy estimate that actually gets even less reliable as your body weight gets farther and farther from "normal." My advice to "eat back only half of your reported calorie burn" applies to ANY estimate you're using.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread ... the scale will tell you when you've found the right numbers and percentages. Good luck to you. Hope this helps.