Focus T25

Options
I recently got the Focus T25 videos emailed to me from a friend and want to start this program but wondered if anyone else has done it. If so, what is the order of the videos? I know there are 5 that you do for 5 weeks but do you do one video everyday for a week then do the next one or do you do a different video every day for 5 weeks then start the second set of videos after week 5? Also, do I need any kind of equipment like a resistance band for any of the videos? Thanks!

Replies

• strangesoul79
    strangesoul79 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what you want to do with it. You do a different workout each day though. You will want a resistance bands or small set of weights for some of the workouts.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Focus-T25-Alpha-Phase-Calendar.png

That's the schedule for Alpha. When you reach Beta just google "T25 Beta Schedule".

As far as bands you won't need them until Beta (IIRC). What you need is a good pair of shoes, a yoga mat, and determination. The Alpha phase is very lower body and core intense. Your legs, thighs, calves are going to ache and throb until you get acquainted to working them so often. You can follow the modifier (Tanya) until you can do the full moves. Shaun T is an energizer bunny, the dude just loves to jump and hop.

It's a great program though, good place to start. It's where I started a couple of years ago. Stick with it and you WILL see results I promise you.
  • Ang_from_Colorado
    Ang_from_Colorado Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That is so helpful and awesome thank you! I watched the video a bit and yes I agree - dude has some serious energy lol I love it though. Watching him gets me pumped and excited to start!
  • louise13dunstan
    louise13dunstan Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great program, alot of fun. I like t25
  • erin_kercheval
    erin_kercheval Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm on Day 2 of T25 and some of the moves are a little tricky. I had been exercising somewhat regularly for the 6 weeks before beginning this, and it's still kicking my butt!

Question, what do you all use for logging your exercise minutes? I have been using "Kickboxing (including TurboJam)" and I can't really find anything else that seems to match this type of workout.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm on Day 2 of T25 and some of the moves are a little tricky. I had been exercising somewhat regularly for the 6 weeks before beginning this, and it's still kicking my butt!

Question, what do you all use for logging your exercise minutes? I have been using "Kickboxing (including TurboJam)" and I can't really find anything else that seems to match this type of workout.

There is a T25 calculator you can find on Google. But from what I remember it's calorie burn estimates were pretty high. When I first started T25 I just used the "general circuit training" entry in MFP. I believe for 25 minutes it gives you like 200-250 cals burned. Or you could make your own custom entries for each video and get an HRM that includes cals burned. But be aware that when measuring circuits or HIIT HRM's are not very accurate. Like up to 25% off. It would give you a ballpark number to work with. But that general circuit training entry in MFP is probably the best way to go.

• erin_kercheval
    erin_kercheval Posts: 37 Member
    Options

There is a T25 calculator you can find on Google. But from what I remember it's calorie burn estimates were pretty high. When I first started T25 I just used the "general circuit training" entry in MFP. I believe for 25 minutes it gives you like 200-250 cals burned. Or you could make your own custom entries for each video and get an HRM that includes cals burned. But be aware that when measuring circuits or HIIT HRM's are not very accurate. Like up to 25% off. It would give you a ballpark number to work with. But that general circuit training entry in MFP is probably the best way to go.

Thank you!