Body

Even tho I'm 87 lbs smaller than I was I'm still nervous about going to a water park tommorrow ... I have a one piece bathing suit but still am sooo insecure about my body. What do you do to build your confidence? How do you get yourself to love your body ?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    edited August 2015
    Just go and have fun. Once you see the world didn't come to an end, next time will be easier. And so on.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Just go have a good time. You'll probably be one of the skinnier people there. The average American is overweight. Congrats on the weight loss by the way.
  • Roxannehcarter
    Roxannehcarter Posts: 28 Member
    Well done!! You'll be fine. Have fun, no one will notice probably!! Even though it will feel like it haha
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    87 lb loss is freakin' awesome! congratulations!!

true self-love takes time and effort. you almost have to force it until it just becomes your normal mindset. make a list of like 10 things you like about yourself--even if they seem insignificant--and read it to yourself every day. sounds tedious but it works; thoughts become words, words become actions, actions become habits.

also, judging by your avatar, realize the fact that more than 50% of the people at american water parks will be bigger than you and will most likely be showing off all their curves in a bikini. you're super cute, show the world :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    go and have fun. i wear a bikini and still have more weight to lose. dont like how i look? look at someone else!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    I'm pretty modest and don't wear revealing suits. My tops have good coverage and I use swim shorts and always will.

However, I just don't care about what other people think and if they're upset, that's their problem to deal with, not mine.

I promise you, there will be people at the park who are fatter than you are. I passed a woman at the beach the other day who was so fat that I couldn't even see her bikini bottom as she walked toward me. The fat had rolled down over it. It looked like she was wearing nothing but a bikini top.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Remember, everyone is too busy feeling self conscious about themselves, to be looking at you! :)
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    As others mentioned, most of the people there will be more concerned with what they're imagining everyone else thinks about them. If you did decide you were too uncomfortable to be completely seen in a swimsuit yet, a swimsuit cover might come in handy. Even the net/crochet styled ones will distract the eyes of others more than one would expect.
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Just go & enjoy yourself! Who cares what any stranger might be thinking about your body. They don't know your story.

And if you happen to be bigger than some woman who sits down next to you, she might've picked that chair because she's insecure. Everyone--AT EVERY WEIGHT--has something about themselves they they're insecure about.

The truly beautiful people are the ones that shine with self confidence. So fake it till ya make it! : )
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Contrats on your loss.

I bought bikinis and wore them about the house, then went and did my gardening in them.

By the time my cruise came around I was use to seeing myself in them. Really don't give a rat's *kitten* what everyone else thinks.

Still garden in them. Still cruise in them, no one gives me a second look.

Go have some fun.

Cheers, h.