strict diet

Options
Does anyone use a strict diet? I know it's not the best but I usually do better when I'm on a strict diet that will show results .. please ♡

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Define strict.

Hard to answer such a vague question.
  • Tess_Christine
    Tess_Christine Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Anything that will work.. u use to be on slimgenics. . Pretty damn stric. 1 protein in morning with a starch, lunch was protein, fruit, and vegi, dinner protein fruit 2 veggies and starch. Plus 2 small snacks cretin kinds, and 9 fish oils a day plus vitamin. No pork. Certin portion sizes and only Certin kinds...

I liked it but to expensive and I lost the sheet that tells you exactly what to eat.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty strict about eating healthy stuff. I try to eat a well-balanced diet, too, but I don't stick to meal plans or anything.

It's working for me so far - lost over 90 pounds.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    If you like a strict diet, just pick one. It doesn't matter which one. If you don't like that one, try a different one.

Any eating plan will work as long as you are eating fewer calories than your body uses in a day.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My strict diet includes eating a bit less than I burn and trying to hit my protein goal (sometimes I'm a bit shy, but I always do better when I pay attention to it). I try not to make things too complicated. You can be strict without having an overabundance of rules.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I am. I eat really simple foods and very low calorie. Only thing that works for me.
    ie: egg and 1 piece of toast for breakfast.
    Piece of chicken and vegetables for lunch.
    Similar for dinner.
    And, I don't eat back exercise calories. So far so good.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Anything that will work.. u use to be on slimgenics. . Pretty damn stric. 1 protein in morning with a starch, lunch was protein, fruit, and vegi, dinner protein fruit 2 veggies and starch. Plus 2 small snacks cretin kinds, and 9 fish oils a day plus vitamin. No pork. Certin portion sizes and only Certin kinds...

I liked it but to expensive and I lost the sheet that tells you exactly what to eat.

MyFitnessPal endorses calorie counting. Essentially you can eat anything you want providing you stay within your calorie goal. Many fad/strict diets just torture you without providing any additional benefit over counting calories.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you find it easier to have structure? I suppose I do too, but I have to create my own structure.

I've heard some good things about https://www.eatthismuch.com/ to help you create a meal plan, if that would be useful. Or you could just pick something like South Beach.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you recall enough of the strict diet to copy it. It's far less expensive this way and just as effective.

Simply log your meals, weigh everything, and keep to your target calories for the day. Here. I'll make a plan for you.

Breakfast: One egg, one carbohydrate, and one low fat dairy. Combined calories no more than 400.

Lunch: 1 protein, 1 fruit, unlimited leafy vegetables. Up to a tablespoon full fat dressing allowed. Combined calories no more than 400.

Dinner: 1 protein, 1 fruit, 2 veggies, 1 dairy, and one carb. Combined calories no more than 600.
    1. I'm allowing you all meats, all vegetables, all carbs, low fat dairy, and all fruits. Pick the portion size as listed on the package.
    2. Trim off all visible fat and skin from meats. A protein portion is about the size of your palm or a deck of cards.
    3. Pick whole grains more often.
    4. Eat seasonal fruit and vegetables either fresh from the market or frozen.
    5. Two vegetarian dinners a week based on tofu/legumes/beans.
    6. Tomato based sauces are OK. Reduced sodium soy sauce is OK. Reduced sodium salsa is OK. Up to a tablespoon of full fat dressing is OK.
    7. Don't drink your calories in any form.
    8. Pick one day a week as treat day and plan one portion (as listed on the box) of a treat to look forward to.
    9. Do not weigh yourself more than once a week and always the same day of week and time of week. If you miss your day don't weigh yourself that week.

Take a multivitamin and a vitamin D supplement daily just in case I screwed up my instructions somehow.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I guess I would say my diet is fairly strict in that I have a fairly set menu most days and I have created some rules that help me avoid temptation. I find I do better with structure, both in dieting and other aspects in my life. For me, it's easier to follow a set plan than make decisions on the fly. I started with a fairly restrictive program, and then made a few adjustments to fit my lifestyle.

As Seska422 said, it doesn't really matter which diet you choose, they will all work. Personally, I tried to find one that I felt I could follow for the rest of my life with very few changes. That is the key IMO. What I do probably wouldn't work for most people, but it is perfect for my mindset and my dietary preferences. There are websites that give brief overviews of all the commercial diet programs out there, you might be able to find a good fit that way.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Do you mean you find it easier to have structure? I suppose I do too, but I have to create my own structure.

I've heard some good things about https://www.eatthismuch.com/ to help you create a meal plan, if that would be useful. Or you could just pick something like South Beach.

This^

I won't do the "eat this for breakfast"......then 4 hours later " eat that" kind of things. I also don't do very low calorie diets, and promoting them would be against MFP rules anyway.

Dieting takes time for most people. I'm not trying to lose just 2 pounds like Flippy (above).

I eat foods that I enjoy and enough calories (per day) so I won't feel deprived, and binge. This is behavior modification for most of us, a lifestyle change that will help us keep the weight from creeping back up later on.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I use eat this much, and if you aren't a picky eater, it's great, but it sometimes comes up with odd food combinations. You can set your own meals for certain mealtimes to recur, which makes it easier, but it takes a lot of time to build up your plan if you want to do it that way. Also, their database is way behind MFP's.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    The best strict diet I have found for guaranteed results is CI<CO. It is serious business. If you go over, you will not lose. If you follow it though, you will lose weight. Science says so.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    MFP actually lends itself really well to creating a meal plan. Just prelog the week.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use a strict diet? I know it's not the best but I usually do better when I'm on a strict diet that will show results .. please ♡

I think most people on MFP are on strict diets!

Moderation and counting calories
    Low Carb
    Vegan
    Clean
    Paleo
    Etc..

If you wanna lose weight it's about being strict, whether that's restricting portions or restricting macro nutrients.

All of the above followed correctly are healthy and will provide results.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    The best strict diet I have found for guaranteed results is CI<CO. It is serious business. If you go over, you will not lose. If you follow it though, you will lose weight. Science says so.

You're doing ThermoDynamics too? It's an amazing diet! I can barely keep up with society and physics-applied rules, let alone self-imposed no-carbs-after-11am-unless-Mercury-is-in-retrograde type rules.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

You're doing ThermoDynamics too? It's an amazing diet! I can barely keep up with society and physics-applied rules, let alone self-imposed no-carbs-after-11am-unless-Mercury-is-in-retrograde type rules.

LOL

• coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yes I tried the 3 day military diet, lost 3kg in a week but cld I stick to the diet for life? No. Which is why I am here to make a lifetime change. Strict diets are usually temporary.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

"Science says so"...you know theres no proof for science. My ultimate goal is to become a sunitarian. I constantly fail though I've tried rubbing grass clippings onto my skin and swallowing chlorophyll pills, but I'm just not disciplined or consistent enough. I keep getting tricked by Monsato because of the addicting chemicals that keep making me think I have to eat. I'll succeed one day I sent in my $3,000 to Dr. Oz and I get my solo united coach packet in a week so excited Ray-bans unite!

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

Bingo